Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 24 Hours of Driving Electric - Apparently, we weren't ready!

Yeah that makes sense too as the DS had a checklist of stuff he did when the car came off. Taking off its cocoon, cleaning any areas, checking for damage etc. at the service center the next step likely would have been to plug in.

I'm ok with that though, as a service center stop likely would have meant a few more days before I got it.

P#3820
    Quote Originally Posted by steve841 View Post
    You're a good guy to openly admit the garage mistake ...

Clearly, in my house, it would have been the wife's fault, then the kids, and finally, somehow, the dog's fault. Definitely not my fault.
    LMAO. Brilliant.

I'm curious if/when Tesla owned delivery trucks will have a (top-off) charger in them.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    Besides the mold release...
    Just curious, but when is the mold release finally worn off the tires? I have a loooong list of people who want to take my car for a spin, but I'd much rather prefer not letting anyone drive it until the tires have reached maximum grippiness!!
    85kW Performance Model S • Green • Grey Interior • 21" grey wheels • Pano Roof • Tech Package • Sound Package • Jump Seats • Permagrin

Get local weather and looping NEXRAD formatted for your car's browser at TeslaWeather.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyChuck View Post
    Just curious, but when is the mold release finally worn off the tires? I have a loooong list of people who want to take my car for a spin, but I'd much rather prefer not letting anyone drive it until the tires have reached maximum grippiness!!
    Conservatively, 500 miles.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PattyChuck View Post
    Depends on the road surface, but 300-500 miles will do it. At 500 miles you should check the wheel nut torque anyway. Also your tires will have a better chance of never having uneven wear if you perform the first rotation at about 1500 miles. The rest of the rotations are mostly so that all four tires will wear out at the same time (tires should be replaced in sets of four, unless the tires are different sizes front to rear).
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    Besides the mold release, check the tire pressures (with a good gauge such as 50406 or 50404). Some folks have found that they were still set to the transport pressure (~90 psi). While I don't like the pressures to be very low, that's a bit high and could certainly cause the floating and lack of traction that you've experienced.
    The car will give you an overinflation warning above 51psi (that is the max cold pressure for the 21" Continental tires).
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by jcadman22 View Post
    Why is Tesla delivering cars with less than a full charge?
    I provided similar feedback after I got my delivery, and while part of it is certainly vampire drain, the other is that the fobs are close enough to cars in the cab of the truck that the cars stay even more active than normal. I suggested that the fobs have the batteries removed or that they be placed in a box that can block the signal. Not sure if they ever implemented that suggestion, but it seems like it would help. I also like the idea above of having chargers on Tesla owned vehicles doing maintenance charges. Maybe the of the tops of the covered carriers are large enough that solar panels could assist in that? Unlike our cars that are in garages, the carriers would be outside most of the time.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    The car will give you an overinflation warning above 51psi (that is the max cold pressure for the 21" Continental tires).
    Hopefully it only gives you that warning when the tires are cold then. There is no problem with hot tires exceeding the maximum cold inflation pressure--they are designed to do that.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Thread Information