Thread: Suspension adjustment nausea!

Model S - R140

Suspension adjustment nausea!

So, I was at a traffic light today and decided to try adjusting the suspension. It really nauseated me! It feels very odd the way it adjusts the front and then the back, and if you look in the rear view mirror while it is doing it you feel like you are on a boat with choppy seas!
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

LOL ... Im not quite sure its that bad... but at least you dont notice anything while you're driving ... and once you find that happy setting, you'll only change it from time to time.
    Last edited by steve841; 2012-12-07 at 02:23 PM.
    Hello, I'm Sig 957!
    VIN 748

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    So, I was at a traffic light today and decided to try adjusting the suspension. It really nauseated me! It feels very odd the way it adjusts the front and then the back, and if you look in the rear view mirror while it is doing it you feel like you are on a boat with choppy seas!
    Me: Doctor, my arm hurts when I do *this*.
    Doctor: Don't do that then.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    I've raised the suspension while in park to high and it felt like you slowly glided up, almost hard to tell. Is there maybe something wrong with your air suspension?
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries
    It doesn't always go straight up or down. I've observed this in my car and store cars.
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    It doesn't always go straight up or down. I've observed this in my car and store cars.
    If you move from standard to high or very high, the car will raise alternating the back, then the front. This is the behavior I observe on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    If you move from standard to high or very high, the car will raise alternating the back, then the front. This is the behavior I observe on mine.
    This is what my DS told me was normal as he demonstrated the feature. A bit weird IMO but it works.

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Try this:

Thread Information