Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla DC Store -- Super Busy, or just non-responsive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a reservation already, but I'm going to be up in DC on Dec 21st, so yesterday I went to the DC Tesla store website ( Washington DC | Tesla Store Locations | Tesla Motors ) and clicked Request a Call, filled in the form with all details, contact info, noted that I was coming up Dec 21st, requested an approximate time, that I had a reservation (provided reservation #) but wanted to test drive the car, etc etc. So far, not a peep. Granted, it's only been 30+ hours. But is this the typical fill in a form and it goes into a black hole type of company? Or is the DC store just that busy?

Maybe I'll get a call or email tomorrow, but I was a bit surprised to have not gotten any response, based on Tesla's focus on "customer experience."

I have a reservation already, but I'm going to be up in DC on Dec 21st, so yesterday I went to the DC Tesla store website ( Washington DC | Tesla Store Locations | Tesla Motors ) and clicked Request a Call, filled in the form with all details, contact info, noted that I was coming up Dec 21st, requested an approximate time, that I had a reservation (provided reservation #) but wanted to test drive the car, etc etc. So far, not a peep. Granted, it's only been 30+ hours. But is this the typical fill in a form and it goes into a black hole type of company? Or is the DC store just that busy?

Maybe I'll get a call or email tomorrow, but I was a bit surprised to have not gotten any response, based on Tesla's focus on "customer experience."

I've visited the DC store three times. Called ahead rather than emailing. Worked better, as they do answer the phone.

I have a reservation already, but I'm going to be up in DC on Dec 21st, so yesterday I went to the DC Tesla store website and clicked Request a Call, filled in the form with all details, contact info, noted that I was coming up Dec 21st, requested an approximate time, that I had a reservation (provided reservation #) but wanted to test drive the car, etc etc. So far, not a peep.

Well there's your problem. Why would they return your call for an appointment for December 21st when the world is going to end on that date? You really can't blame Tesla for this one.

I'd call them ASAP.

My folks were going to be in town for a single day from the east coast, and I wanted them to get a ride in Model S since they wouldn't be back for another 6 months, so I called the local store 10 or 11 days in advance to setup a test drive/ride. To my surprise, they were booked that far in advance, even though test drives were supposedly only being offered to reservation holders.

I happened by the DC store yesterday and it both sounded like they have been kept very busy, and there may be some network issues. I certainly know the the website has not always been the best for info or starting communication with Tesla. I would forget about the call me link, and just give them a call directly. They have always been incredibly helpful to me either by phone or when I stop by.

Peter

carrerascott, I test drove the Model S two weeks ago at the DC store. Give them a call and ask for Beau. He is one of the reps and very helpful.

I visited the DC store in early November and Beau gave me a heads up that they would be opening a store at the Tysons Corner Mall before the holidays and he would be shifting out there as the new manager. I think that is a testament to Beau's service and commitment to Tesla. It's also probably having and effect on everyone at the DC store in trying to manage two shops, deliveries, hiring and transitions all at the same time. Everyone that I have dealt with in DC has been extremely helpful and great to work with.

I visited the DC store in early November and Beau gave me a heads up that they would be opening a store at the Tysons Corner Mall before the holidays and he would be shifting out there as the new manager. I think that is a testament to Beau's service and commitment to Tesla. It's also probably having and effect on everyone at the DC store in trying to manage two shops, deliveries, hiring and transitions all at the same time. Everyone that I have dealt with in DC has been extremely helpful and great to work with.

Anyone know if the Tysons store will be open before the 21st? I would much prefer to test drive in Virginia than in downtown DC...

I'll give them a call next week, as I never got a response from the online inquiry. I don't know why companies leave those online buttons if they don't bother responding -- just take 'em off the site.

I called about 3 days ago to set up a test drive. Answered on about the third ring. Gentleman named Bo answered and was very nice. FYI I asked about the opening for the Tyson's Corner store and he said won't happen real soon, sounded like some kind of issue with Fairfax County govt.

Just drove a friend's Sig Perf. Got my test drive done away from the Tesla store, so guess I don't have to make an appointment after all.

Just 9+ more months to wait now... guess I have time to decide on color. ;)

Nice. Long wait though. If you do call them, ask them about their webpage and why you didn't hear back. Maybe it is going to an account no one checks anymore or something.