Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longest single charge range to date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I have just established the maximum "Practical" driving range for my Model S Signature P85. Just got home from a round trip from Coto de Caza to Rancho Mirage to visit friends. Then went from their home to Jackalope Ranch Restaurant in Indio, then back to their home via El Paseo in Palm Desert and finally back home in Coto de Caza. Total miles = 246. Started out with a full Range Charge and 264 miles "Rated" range. 0" miles left on Estimated Range when we got home. Way too close for comfort, but the experience was interesting...

I think I have just established the maximum "Practical" driving range for my Model S Signature P85. Just got home from a round trip from Coto de Caza to Rancho Mirage to visit friends. Then went from their home to Jackalope Ranch Restaurant in Indio, then back to their home via El Paseo in Palm Desert and finally back home in Coto de Caza. Total miles = 246. Started out with a full Range Charge and 264 miles "Rated" range. 0" miles left on Estimated Range when we got home. Way too close for comfort, but the experience was interesting...
Poster on the TM Forum found there was 4-5 miles of slow driving left after 0.

What sort of speeds were you driving, and what was the elevation change?

Except for some temporary congestion at the Hwy. 60/Hwy 91 junction, maintained steady 67 mph on the freeways. Not much net elevation change between Coto & Rancho Mirage (1,000 ft. to 252 ft.). However there are some larger elevation changes in between.

Tesla229, do you have firmware 4?

my regular charge is ~ 275 miles and range is 315 miles (ideal)

Not yet running version 4. How are you achieving those ranges? Is that due to the firmware update? I've never been able to achieve more than 265 miles with the range charge.

Not yet running version 4. How are you achieving those ranges? Is that due to the firmware update? I've never been able to achieve more than 265 miles with the range charge.

The 265 miles for a range change would be the 'rated' range while the 300 (or 315 in Zextraterrestrial car) are 'ideal' miles if I have the new terminology correct.