Thread: Longest single charge range to date?

Longest single charge range to date?

I assume no one has done the 400 mile range challenge yet and I'm wondering what's the longest single charge range anyone has done?

Yeah, we can officially close this thread. Only took two days since I posted it.

I think I have just established the maximum "Practical" driving range for my Model S Signature P85. Just got home from a round trip from Coto de Caza to Rancho Mirage to visit friends. Then went from their home to Jackalope Ranch Restaurant in Indio, then back to their home via El Paseo in Palm Desert and finally back home in Coto de Caza. Total miles = 246. Started out with a full Range Charge and 264 miles "Rated" range. 0" miles left on Estimated Range when we got home. Way too close for comfort, but the experience was interesting...
    Model S Signature Perf. #229

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla229 View Post
    I think I have just established the maximum "Practical" driving range for my Model S Signature P85. Just got home from a round trip from Coto de Caza to Rancho Mirage to visit friends. Then went from their home to Jackalope Ranch Restaurant in Indio, then back to their home via El Paseo in Palm Desert and finally back home in Coto de Caza. Total miles = 246. Started out with a full Range Charge and 264 miles "Rated" range. 0" miles left on Estimated Range when we got home. Way too close for comfort, but the experience was interesting...
    Poster on the TM Forum found there was 4-5 miles of slow driving left after 0.

What sort of speeds were you driving, and what was the elevation change?

Tesla229, do you have firmware 4?

my regular charge is ~ 275 miles and range is 315 miles (ideal)
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - classic grey & wood Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    What sort of speeds were you driving, and what was the elevation change?
    Except for some temporary congestion at the Hwy. 60/Hwy 91 junction, maintained steady 67 mph on the freeways. Not much net elevation change between Coto & Rancho Mirage (1,000 ft. to 252 ft.). However there are some larger elevation changes in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Zextraterrestrial View Post
    Tesla229, do you have firmware 4?

my regular charge is ~ 275 miles and range is 315 miles (ideal)
    Not yet running version 4. How are you achieving those ranges? Is that due to the firmware update? I've never been able to achieve more than 265 miles with the range charge.
    Model S Signature Perf. #229

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla229 View Post
    Not yet running version 4. How are you achieving those ranges? Is that due to the firmware update? I've never been able to achieve more than 265 miles with the range charge.
    The 265 miles for a range change would be the 'rated' range while the 300 (or 315 in Zextraterrestrial car) are 'ideal' miles if I have the new terminology correct.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    The 265 miles for a range change would be the 'rated' range while the 300 (or 315 in Zextraterrestrial car) are 'ideal' miles if I have the new terminology correct.
    That's my understanding of the terminology as well, dsm, for a Range charge.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Thread Information