Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting a P and not wanting their spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious... How did you do it? What color is your car? Ours is silver and I didn't think the black spoiler looked right on it (at least in the design studio). Now that I have the car, it looks great without the spoiler - I think on a darker colored car, the spoiler might look sharp.

Our car is white. I really liked the white car we drove on the test drive - a White performance with the spoiler. I just found someone who got a car, but did not want to put on the spoiler but had it. I made an offer similar to what I could get a BMW Performance CF spoiler for the 1M, and they accepted it. It came boxed up and is in the garage. They apply with two rows of double-sided tape.

Did the other owner need to request that the spoiler was not installed? I was under the impression that if you ordered it, it would be affixed to the car during manufacturing and when you had asked me - my car was already finished. anyway, I'm glad you found one. The white was our second choice - beautiful. The next TMC get together will be a rally for sure!

BTW - the 1M I saw on i4 yesterday was blue (yours?) - It caught my eye because I don't remember seeing one before. I've been a fan of M BMW's for years - never owned one though. I have an Audi S4 (same idea). I'm a little over the top with that and a Model S at the same time, but the Audi lease is only for 3 more months.

The next sunny weekend day, I will be sure to conspicuously wash both cars in my driveway :cool:

Last edited:
Did the other owner need to request that the spoiler was not installed? I was under the impression that if you ordered it, it would be affixed to the car during manufacturing and when you had asked me - my car was already finished. anyway, I'm glad you found one. The white was our second choice - beautiful. The next TMC get together will be a rally for sure!

BTW - the 1M I saw on i4 yesterday was blue (yours?) - It caught my eye because I don't remember seeing one before. I've been a fan of M BMW's for years - never owned one though. I have an Audi S4 (same idea). I'm a little over the top with that and a Model S at the same time, but the Audi lease is only for 3 more months.

The next sunny weekend day, I will be sure to conspicuously wash both cars in my driveway :cool:

Thanks Steve. It seems like several Performance cars were delivered without the spoiler - it was backordered or something. Anyway, I found mine out west.
If you saw a 1M in blue, you may have been mistaken, unless the owner has had it painted, or wrapped. The 1M was only a 1 year production car - they made 740 total for the US, and that was it. They were only produced in three colors, a special orange, white (my car), and black. No sunroof option, and only 1 interior color (black). It it the quickest car in traffic I have ever driven - but that may change with the S :smile: