Thread: Anyone getting a P and not wanting their spoiler

Anyone getting a P and not wanting their spoiler

Anyone here ordering a P85, but not getting the spoiler (or having the spoiler put on). If so, please contact me - I would like to get a spoiler for our upcoming non-P 85.
    Model S 85kW, White/Black Leather/Lacewood/21 inch wheels/Tech/Air Suspension/Sound Studio Package/CF Spoiler/Parcel Shelf/Twin Chargers
    Model X (Reservation #2xx)

Got one.
    Model S 85kW, White/Black Leather/Lacewood/21 inch wheels/Tech/Air Suspension/Sound Studio Package/CF Spoiler/Parcel Shelf/Twin Chargers

P445 / VIN 1794 ClearwaterBchSteve's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
    Got one.
    Curious... How did you do it? What color is your car? Ours is silver and I didn't think the black spoiler looked right on it (at least in the design studio). Now that I have the car, it looks great without the spoiler - I think on a darker colored car, the spoiler might look sharp.
    Metallic Silver P85 Reserved: 3/28/2009, Delivered: 12/21/2012 (1355 days) C.H.A.R.G.E.D.
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Treasurer & Co-Founder)

Quote Originally Posted by ClearwaterBchSteve View Post
    Curious... How did you do it? What color is your car? Ours is silver and I didn't think the black spoiler looked right on it (at least in the design studio). Now that I have the car, it looks great without the spoiler - I think on a darker colored car, the spoiler might look sharp.
    Our car is white. I really liked the white car we drove on the test drive - a White performance with the spoiler. I just found someone who got a car, but did not want to put on the spoiler but had it. I made an offer similar to what I could get a BMW Performance CF spoiler for the 1M, and they accepted it. It came boxed up and is in the garage. They apply with two rows of double-sided tape.

P445 / VIN 1794 ClearwaterBchSteve's Avatar
    Did the other owner need to request that the spoiler was not installed? I was under the impression that if you ordered it, it would be affixed to the car during manufacturing and when you had asked me - my car was already finished. anyway, I'm glad you found one. The white was our second choice - beautiful. The next TMC get together will be a rally for sure!

BTW - the 1M I saw on i4 yesterday was blue (yours?) - It caught my eye because I don't remember seeing one before. I've been a fan of M BMW's for years - never owned one though. I have an Audi S4 (same idea). I'm a little over the top with that and a Model S at the same time, but the Audi lease is only for 3 more months.

The next sunny weekend day, I will be sure to conspicuously wash both cars in my driveway
    Last edited by ClearwaterBchSteve; 2013-01-04 at 07:50 AM.
    Metallic Silver P85 Reserved: 3/28/2009, Delivered: 12/21/2012 (1355 days) C.H.A.R.G.E.D.
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Treasurer & Co-Founder)

Quote Originally Posted by ClearwaterBchSteve View Post
    Did the other owner need to request that the spoiler was not installed? I was under the impression that if you ordered it, it would be affixed to the car during manufacturing and when you had asked me - my car was already finished. anyway, I'm glad you found one. The white was our second choice - beautiful. The next TMC get together will be a rally for sure!

BTW - the 1M I saw on i4 yesterday was blue (yours?) - It caught my eye because I don't remember seeing one before. I've been a fan of M BMW's for years - never owned one though. I have an Audi S4 (same idea). I'm a little over the top with that and a Model S at the same time, but the Audi lease is only for 3 more months.

The next sunny weekend day, I will be sure to conspicuously wash both cars in my driveway
    Thanks Steve. It seems like several Performance cars were delivered without the spoiler - it was backordered or something. Anyway, I found mine out west.
    If you saw a 1M in blue, you may have been mistaken, unless the owner has had it painted, or wrapped. The 1M was only a 1 year production car - they made 740 total for the US, and that was it. They were only produced in three colors, a special orange, white (my car), and black. No sunroof option, and only 1 interior color (black). It it the quickest car in traffic I have ever driven - but that may change with the S

Thread Information