Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy with the way Tesla has handled my request for a color change from blue to red

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Agree. But so is the new red. I showed the photos to a some very good friends and they all agreed on the red.

Just PM'd George B. I have enormous respect for him so I'll abide by what he says with no further issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked my spam blocker. The December delivery email was there. So the judgment about where I was in production was probably right. Who would have figured?
    I think it's one of those things you'll likely be happy with either color you get but hopefully you get what you want. Drives home the importance of adding the domain teslamotors.com to your safe list for spam filters too. Good luck.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

I am sure they will give some leeway, especially if you can identify a replacement buyer like Beck.Christopher, making you both happy (with you just a few months later, though the red looks like it is certainly worth the wait). Though you would be happy with whatever one shows up on your doorstep, certainly. I am still second guessing my color and Perf/Non-Perf decision, and have resigned myself to just trading in for a new color and a 600-mile range battery in two years, since there was not a "YES, I WANT DELIVERY IN 2012, BUT IF YOU CAN'T GET IT TO ME UNTIL 2013, I WANT ANOTHER MONTH TO RETHINK MY CONFIG" button on tonight's email.
    Model X P6028 / Model S P4996 - 85kWh, Sequoia Green, Pano Roof, 19" Wheels, Tan Leather, Obeche Gloss, Tech, Sound, Air Susp, Jump Seats, Shelf, Xpel Wrap, Twin Chargers and HPWC - Delivered and loving it!

SSL #180
    I am still curious, if you had your choice of color, would you take delivery of Blue if it could be delivered in December, or would you ally hold out until March, April or even May for Red?

Blog Entries
    I'm sure it's not one isolated case that's the problem. If Tesla started to accept that finalization wasn't final, and larger numbers of changes were coming in, that would increase costs dramatically and slow down production.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Zythryn View Post
    I am still curious, if you had your choice of color, would you take delivery of Blue if it could be delivered in December, or would you ally hold out until March, April or even May for Red?
    Can't take delivery of any color as soon as December. Have a Honda S2000 and Chevy Volt lease to sell first (three cars is a bit much) and a number of other things to get ready. Feb or March is manageable, but not December. From the beginning I was assuming and planning on April or May, even with the blue. But things have played out differently in terms of speed of delivery and and availability of the red. The best laid plans...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beck.christopher View Post
    Make it happen.
    PM me if you want to discuss.

Signature 513
    Are you complaining that your car is being made too early? It could be worse.

What changed your mine to red? Was it the new multicast pics?
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by kroneal View Post
    Are you complaining that your car is being made too early? It could be worse.
    Not complaining at all. It's just that delivery earlier than I had planned affects up all the financial considerations. I want to minimize the amount I finance and that sets up a number of timing constraints. Tax considerations also come into play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
    What changed your mine to red? Was it the new multicast pics?
    Yes, the new photos posted here blew me away. Plus there was a red on display at the Motor Trend COY event in NYC that I attended. It was knock out gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Yes, the new photos posted here blew me away. Plus there was a red on display at the Motor Trend COY event in NYC that I attended. It was knock out gorgeous.
    I can see your attraction to the multicoat red. It does seem to change things a little bit for me...
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

Artsci, good luck. It is win-win, but I see your point about inflexible. Not sure if it was the "bedside manner" of the TM rep, or did s/he really try to find out, which is why it took a few hours, but the answer was not what you hoped to hear.

Thread Information