Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy with the way Tesla has handled my request for a color change from blue to red

Model S5,651, Model X109
    Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    I understand that I signed an agreement, and I'm happy to abide by it and will if nothing can be changed.

That's not the point. The red was made available about a week after I finalized. My issue is about the lack of flexibility at a stage so early in the production schedule and so soon after I finalized. There must be hundreds of orders behind me that have exactly the same configuration. So just make one of them very happy by giving them my car and moving me further back in the line until the red goes into production. This can't be more complicated than redoing some paperwork.

If I try to up the line, where should I go?
    George B has a TMC.com account. Try a PM?

Otherwise, I would simply ask that whoever gets the email escalate the issue to someone who actually has the authority to make the decision to change things.
    Model S Performance, VIN 02595. Blue, Tan, Matte Obeche. Best car I've ever driven.

Could be a case of Tesla just holding a hard line on "no changes". If they let you change your color, they open the floodgates. They'd have to allow everyone to do something like that. Imagine the extra overhead and confusion of a bunch of people changing their minds on things. That could be a nightmare. Perhaps Tesla just wants to avoid the entire can of worms.
    P85 VIN55228. Black and tan w/ Carbon Fiber decor, spoiler, coils, Pano, Reus audio (To be installed), 20" Avant Garde M310s (Matte Black), tech, parking sensors, premium lighting.
    (Original Model S, now in hEaVen: VIN 1653, S85, Dolphin Gray)

Model S5,651, Model X109
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    Could be a case of Tesla just holding a hard line on "no changes". If they let you change your color, they open the floodgates. They'd have to allow everyone to do something like that. Imagine the extra overhead and confusion of a bunch of people changing their minds on things. That could be a nightmare. Perhaps Tesla just wants to avoid the entire can of worms.
    ^^^ This.
    Model S Performance, VIN 02595. Blue, Tan, Matte Obeche. Best car I've ever driven.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by medved View Post
    You can sell it to beck.christopher. All the paperwork can be in beck.christopher's name.
    Make it happen.

Artsci did you get one of those "Do you want your car in December?" emails? People in the 7000's have reported getting one so maybe your car really is in production!

Update - #8911 got an email, noted in the Model-S-December-Production-email thread
    Model S 60kWh, Catalina white, white roof, tan, obeche gloss, tech, 19", air suspension, twin chargers, supercharger access, rear jump seats, parcel shelf. VIN 3606

Items for Sale
    Been on the production side of things and have to take Tesla's side... Body may be well ahead of powertrain thus yours may be too far down the road to change. Remember the "1000 chasis made" deal. Perhaps they set a white body in motion when you finalized.

I judge people by what they do and not so much what they say. Tesla has done a LOT of good things which leads me to trust them just a bit more when they say the CAN NOT change. That being said, its not my car. I do hope you reach a conclusion that works for you.

4GETOIL SS70, XS4, xR913 dadaleus's Avatar
    BTW, the blue is friggin GORGEOUS. I almost didn't get a signature so I could get that color before I even saw it in real life. I saw it in Costa Mesa on Monday and although I love my car, I do have pangs of jealousy over that color. Don't know if that makes you feel any better.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    That's a very good possibility and I understand. I think my fuse here was a bit too short probably because I expected a different reply from Tesla. I'm going to PM George B and see what happens. I realize that I have to be reasonable. If the answer is a no, beck.christopher and I will have a conversation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kipernicus View Post
    Artsci did you get one of those "Do you want your car in December?" emails? People in the 7000's have reported getting one so maybe your car really is in production!

Update - #8911 got an email, noted in the Model-S-December-Production-email thread
    I did not get that email.

Quote Originally Posted by dadaleus View Post
    BTW, the blue is friggin GORGEOUS..
    It really is!
    Hello, I'm Sig 957!
    VIN 748

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by steve841 View Post
    It really is!
    Agree. But so is the new red. I showed the photos to a some very good friends and they all agreed on the red.

Just PM'd George B. I have enormous respect for him so I'll abide by what he says with no further issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked my spam blocker. The December delivery email was there. So the judgment about where I was in production was probably right. Who would have figured?

Thread Information