Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nav System: Google Map not updating position

Nav System: Google Map not updating position

Just wondering if anyone else has been having this issue (maybe related to 1.15.14 fw update) or if anyone can provide me with assistance... In the last few days it seems like my navigation app has gotten screwed up. The google map does not update and neither does the car gps position. If I try to scroll the map, the orange arrow indicating my car position moves instead. The actual turn by turn navigation along with its display in front of the steering wheel works just fine....just the main dashboard display not working correctly.

I have held down both steering wheel roller clickers and reset the main display to no avail. I'm wondering if this is a more widespread firmware issue from a recent update to 1.15.14 (my car hasn't gotten the 4.0 update yet) or if I should be calling service for my individual car.

I'm also on 1.15.14 and have the exact same problem with nav, emailed ownership this morning, no response so far.

Only partial workaround I've found is that switching between apps will update the nav display when reselecting nav, but it is still just a snapshot in time vs a live updating view.

I noticed this last night. It's for sure a problem.

I let the car sit for 2 hours while I was playing hockey, when I came back it was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by dflye View Post
    Only partial workaround I've found is that switching between apps will update the nav display when reselecting nav, but it is still just a snapshot in time vs a live updating view.
    Yes, exactly my experience as well. Feel less alone now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goaliemanshark View Post
    I let the car sit for 2 hours while I was playing hockey, when I came back it was fixed.
    I've rebooted the screen and let the car sit overnight charging, parked, etc....still the same problem. Glad it fixed itself for you, though. Is it possible that you got the new firmware downloaded in the interim? 1.17.50 (Version 4.0)?

Nope, car was delivered with 4.0

Try resetting your 3G fuse?

Blog Entries
    Happened to me yesterday and is apparently a bug where a minor update comes out of order before downloading SOP v4.0. Getting almost certainly means that you're about to get the update. If it happens with the update, it means you didn't get the tweak yet. If it persists call your Tesla Service Rep.

Have same problem. Comes and goes. Resetting fuse alliviated it for a short while. Came back though....Also suddenly have a internal data display option in the information I can choose to be on the dashboard display.It suddenly appeared. Still have version 1.15.--Help!!

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    I just stopped by the store here and spoke to the Service Manager. He said Google did something funky with their servers that caused this problem. It is only an issue (apparently) for people who haven't gotten the v.4 update yet, so once we all have the update (fingers crossed!) the issue should go away.

My Nav is a mess -- my car is frozen, the map is mostly gray etc. It'll be useless until I get the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    I just stopped by the store here and spoke to the Service Manager. He said Google did something funky with their servers that caused this problem. It is only an issue (apparently) for people who haven't gotten the v.4 update yet, so once we all have the update (fingers crossed!) the issue should go away.

My Nav is a mess -- my car is frozen, the map is mostly gray etc. It'll be useless until I get the update.
    I'm in the same position. I have yet to receive Firmware v4.0. I believe the firmware update will address this problem.

I hit the same issue yesterda, and called the ownership number this morning and he walked me thru a fix. He acknowleged the issue and said it's fixed in 4.0 release.

1. Put nav in half-screen, top half.
    2. Tapthe blue "keep my car in center" icon so it is OFF (not blue).
    3. Put nav in full screen view.
    4. tap the blue "keep car centered" icon again so it is ON (blue).
    5. Put nav back in half-screen view.

Supposedly this resets the map cache. It fixed it for me. I think i am recalling all the steps he did, i was driving at the time. Give them a lot of credit - he walked me thru the steps at 60 mph and it fixed it!

Let us know if this works or if I missed anything.

Thread Information