Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Tires

For those getting winter tires: I've tried calling both the service centre and store a few times and apparently have bad timing, only getting the answering machine. I left a message with the service centre about the winter package, but haven't heard back. I've also left an email with Hans that has not been responded to, also saying I wanted the package. I'm hearing about Pirelli shortages in Tesla USA; should I try to track down someone to confirm if the Pirelli's have been added to my account / are ordered? Who did people talk to (ie. is there someone in charge of the winter tire stuff)? It's times like these where I wish I could go in person.
    Thanks!

I've had the same issues for the winter tires. Nobody giving any info or confirmation that they will be available. Many emails and messages left.
    Lightning Green Roadster 2.5 VIN#1281
    Signature Red Model S VIN#2004

Blog Entries
    You should email Lisa Schofield for the tire package. She's the Service Advisor. PM me if you don't have her address.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Items for Sale
    There were Pirelli shortages two years ago, so for my Roadster, I had to settle for the Hankook Icebears...heading into my third winter with them...they've been great, no complaints!

As Doug said, Lisa @ the Mississauga service center will get things sorted out for you...

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    For those getting winter tires: I've tried calling both the service centre and store a few times and apparently have bad timing, only getting the answering machine. I left a message with the service centre about the winter package, but haven't heard back. I've also left an email with Hans that has not been responded to, also saying I wanted the package. I'm hearing about Pirelli shortages in Tesla USA; should I try to track down someone to confirm if the Pirelli's have been added to my account / are ordered? Who did people talk to (ie. is there someone in charge of the winter tire stuff)? It's times like these where I wish I could go in person.
    Thanks!
    Member Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    You should email Lisa Schofield for the tire package. She's the Service Advisor. PM me if you don't have her address.
    Thanks Doug

As it so happens I emailed her earlier this morning and she said she would take care of it
    Lightning Green Roadster 2.5 VIN#1281
    Signature Red Model S VIN#2004

CDN Sig Vin 2114, X P362 Jgdixon's Avatar
    Yes and I spoke to her today too. Very friendly and helpful. She put me on the list for the package.
    She indicated they may be shipped most of the cars from Manitoba east all around the same time! (And still before Christmas)
    She wasn't sure about the more western provinces. Boy they'll have their work cut out for them!

Blog Entries
    I was planning to go to Toronto to retrieve my car. The way things are shaping up I might just be appending that trip onto my usual Christmas visit with the in-laws...
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgdixon View Post
    <snip> from Manitoba east all around the same time! (And still before Christmas)
    <snip>
    That would be me Good to know where my car is going...

R Sport #1029; S #2117
    I did not like the Pirelli snow tires on my Lexus so I changed them to Bridgestone Blizzaks. I used them before on my Corvette and loved them and they have been great on the Lexus.
    So I ordered 19" rims from Tesla Toronto (Mississauga) and I will be giving them the Blizzaks to mount. I will have Tesla store my 21" rims and tires until the spring.
    Just in case of any shortages (plus Bridgestone had a $70 AMEX gift card promotion), I have already taken delivery of the snow tires.

Now all I need is a Model S to put them onto!

CDN Sig Vin 2114, X P362 Jgdixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Mover View Post
    I did not like the Pirelli snow tires on my Lexus so I changed them to Bridgestone Blizzaks. I used them before on my Corvette and loved them and they have been great on the Lexus.
    So I ordered 19" rims from Tesla Toronto (Mississauga) and I will be giving them the Blizzaks to mount. I will have Tesla store my 21" rims and tires until the spring.
    Just in case of any shortages (plus Bridgestone had a $70 AMEX gift card promotion), I have already taken delivery of the snow tires.

Now all I need is a Model S to put them onto!
    You may want to check. I was going to do something similar with Blizzaks that I have. I was told they may wear prematurely because of the regen braking. The Pirellis have been actually tested and they feel are ideal for our cars.

Thread Information