Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps for roadtrips in Europe (dutch)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about maps (GPS) for charging infrastructure within the EU?
And...
what about Charging keys? (Charging pass - laadpas) for the EU???
If one want to charge his car somewhere in an EU country... one needs a pass to be able to connect to the charging infrastructure...

Another problem, question:
"Secured" charging point (f.i. in a Parking building). I mean it should not be nice to charge the car (during night), returning and finding it being buglarded. So .. missing information about charging points in the EU or???

I've been touring in my Roadster for a couple of years now and totally agree with this. When I tour I want to know that the place where I charge

1) works, and at 32A if possible for fast charging
2) is safe (the roadster cable is not lockable and the car is a magnet for vandals)
3) is available - I want the parking space reserved for me so I don't get a surprise when I arrive.

I love the open source solutions for charge maps, but my personal preference is for more definite reliable info before I set of on a drive. I want guarantees and someone to call if I have trouble.

As noe one is doing this I have started Drive and dream electric car tour experience precisely to help EV touring. I just want to help people tour with more security and tranquility. We have Spain covered now, and I am starting on France and then Italy and the UK. If anyone wants to go touring I hope to be able to help.

I love the open source solutions for charge maps, but my personal preference is for more definite reliable info before I set of on a drive. I want guarantees and someone to call if I have trouble.
No reason you can't have those guarantees when using an open source solution... it just means the underlying Charging Station data is open for everyone to use.

I would love to promote your EV car tour locations but need the data in OpenChargeMap so that I can use OpenVehicles tools while driving... would you consider sharing the data with OCM?

I'm currently in Italy talking about an expansion of ZeroNet across Europe :smile:

Last edited:
No reason you can't have those guarantees when using an open source solution... it just means the underlying Charging Station data is open for everyone to use.

I would love to promote your EV car tour locations but need the data in OpenChargeMap so that I can use OpenVehicles tools while driving... would you consider sharing the data with OCM?

I'm currently in Italy talking about an expansion of ZeroNet across Europe :smile:

Yeah, I plan to do that Kevin. OCM is a great database for sure and a very noble endeavor for all to benefit from.

So, when I am touring on my own and don't mind an adventure or a detour so why not use the open charge info? But when I am touring with my family and we need to get to a specific place at a specific time (and I am driving a car that costs what the MS costs) I really don't want surprises. In that situation a concierge service makes more sense. That's where I am at with drive & dream. Its unlikely to make any money but it is the kind of service that a lot of Model S drivers will want when they go on tour in a foreign land. I am convinced of that.

Up in the North the data is probably reliable but down here it is a joke. Charge points fail to function half the time, are on private land on many occasions, require special smart cards often, provide 16A at best, and are often ICEd. Add to that the chances of someone damaging your car because it is parked on the street, and frankly it is a non-starter. I go for hotels with pre-tested sockets where I can reserve the parking space and have it taken care of every time I go touring.

Its just the way I like to tour I guess.