Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather, clock, and more in the browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

walla2

Jul 15, 2012
I know Teslatime started the concept. I am playing with browser features like weather, a clock, plug-share, valet instructions, tow instructions, etc.

Planning on having a Tesla style side panel with buttons like in Media and links to these features.

Here's a clock/weather view. Menu on the side to come.

tesla apps.jpg

That's a carbon fiber background and will be look for good options in plano, obeche, etc.

Feature requests and ideas are welcome.

Used to program and a bit rusty now so it will take some time to relearn the essentials and a lot has changed too (tips hat to current programmers).

This is great. Love TeslaTime and had hoped someone would make a portal like this for great-looking webapps.
You've covered the biggies... but since you asked, next ones I'd pick would be:
- sports ticker
- stock ticker
- Twitter client? (esp. if it can READ the tweets, but not sure if webapps have access to voice output, or if they ca use location data.
- Sticky Notes app - leave post-it-type notes on your "dash" with things you need to remember.

For weather, I'd love to have a decent interactive weather map. At least in my area of central NC, the storms have a tendency to move around pretty fast leading to very vague weather forecasts with the "chance of rain" usually way higher than reality.

Not sure how readily you could snag LAT/LON info, but given that and plugged into the Weather Underground's mobile data feed, could be pretty nifty!

Sample wunderground map around Fremont:

http://i.wund.com/auto/iphone/geo/TouchMap/index.html?lat=37.5&lon=-122.05

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm got a new domain name and plan to do some stuff this weekend when I am not driving/working. I hope to have a decent beta by the end of the week next week for users to login and configure their car stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions on stocks. Plans for now stocks, weather, clock, social (twitter (no computer voice reading), facebook), instructions, charging locations, sticky notes, customize background to close match interior, etc. The key is to make it look integrated as much as possible in my opinion and that will take the most time.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm got a new domain name and plan to do some stuff this weekend when I am not driving/working. I hope to have a decent beta by the end of the week next week for users to login and configure their car stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions on stocks. Plans for now stocks, weather, clock, social (twitter (no computer voice reading), facebook), instructions, charging locations, sticky notes, customize background to close match interior, etc. The key is to make it look integrated as much as possible in my opinion and that will take the most time.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but it would be sweet if someone could get Apple Dashboard Widgets running somehow since they are mostly html / js.

This is incredibly badass! It's a simple enough concept but with huge potential. Carry on and let us know when it's available for the masses.

My only suggestion is that you allow personalization of the background to match the user's interior trim.

Nice. I think I need to start personalizing my car. Wish I knew some programming other than Fortran

Fortran?! Ha! Takes me back to PASCAL, COBOL, even Assembly. Man those we're the days!

@walla2 I second the notion of live weather maps as you drive, so you can see what you're headed for. But I'll bet other map people (Google, Apple, Waze) are working on this.

This is incredibly badass! It's a simple enough concept but with huge potential. Carry on and let us know when it's available for the masses.

My only suggestion is that you allow personalization of the background to match the user's interior trim.

I have built that in as well as having non-trim options like the one at teslatime.

@walla2 I second the notion of live weather maps as you drive, so you can see what you're headed for. But I'll bet other map people (Google, Apple, Waze) are working on this.

Sadly my "apps" won't GPS track. Likely SDK options will allow this someday. Once wifi is available, more options might present themselves but obviously wifi is limited.

As an update, I'll likely have something real to share by this Sunday for beta testers. I got several already and more are welcome, just PM me if you haven't already.

I finished most of the site and it's ready for testing.

You can register and start using the site a teslamods.com..

It's in beta and color options / graphics are to change with time as well as new additions and refinement of some of the features.

Is it possible to open TM and TMC in a new Tab? or is this not suported?
Or open those sites with your clock....... buttons still on the left side (or on top)

I finished most of the site and it's ready for testing.

You can register and start using the site a teslamods.com..

It's in beta and color options / graphics are to change with time as well as new additions and refinement of some of the features.

I saw you used openchargemap! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you want it mentioned on the openchargemap site, or you rather want to wait?

If you want more info about the database or want your app added to the site you can leave a message here Open Charge Map - Discussions

or you can suggest or help with new features you would like that be added to it
Via twitter @openchargemap you can get more info too