Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland Washington Square Tesla News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the Washington Square showroom Monday - they now have two test drive vehicles, the original brown Performance car, and a white one that was from Seattle. Nobody at the dealership really knew much about it.

They do have a used Roadster for sale - one of the rare instances you really could buy a car in the showroom.

I stopped by the Washington Square showroom Monday - they now have two test drive vehicles, the original brown Performance car, and a white one that was from Seattle. Nobody at the dealership really knew much about it.

They do have a used Roadster for sale - one of the rare instances you really could buy a car in the showroom.

The story is: VIN 1203 (white, perf with black interior and pano roof) was damaged slightly on its delivery to the store (two small dents near the bottom of the right rear door).
The new white car (VIN 1237?? bad memory) with tan interior is it's replacement for the showroom.

I was at the Tesla store on Monday too. The white MS was nice, one thing that looks odd on the MS is the large gap between the hood and the fender and the weird black plastic piece as the grille, it's to bad they did not do a grille like a Maserati or the Roadster.....more open with less plastic.

The employee' where nice however kinda pushy, he kept asking me over and over if I wanted to "reserve". I asked him if we could go on a test drive and he said that reservation holder get test drives....I told him I was not going to put down any money until I could drive a MS. So we are going back on Monday to do so. I did call there today to talk to the store manager to get some questions answered with no return call. Typical i'd have to say but I got way better treatment at Volvo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354851205.057085.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354851231.956766.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354851243.122835.jpg

I was at the Tesla store on Monday too. The white MS was nice, one thing that looks odd on the MS is the large gap between the hood and the fender and the weird black plastic piece as the grille, it's to bad they did not do a grille like a Maserati or the Roadster.....more open with less plastic.

The employee' where nice however kinda pushy, he kept asking me over and over if I wanted to "reserve". I asked him if we could go on a test drive and he said that reservation holder get test drives....I told him I was not going to put down any money until I could drive a MS. So we are going back on Monday to do so. I did call there today to talk to the store manager to get some questions answered with no return call. Typical i'd have to say but I got way better treatment at Volvo.

That's a bummer... and not something that I've ever heard before from someone visiting a Tesla store (the pushy part, not the part about needing to reserve pre-test drive). I've had nothing but positive interactions with the staff at the Portland store. I'm glad that you've contacted the manager; if there was someone there who was being pushy they need to be corrected. I'm also quite glad that you're going in for a test drive. Make sure to punch it on the back road coming back into the mall!

That's a bummer... and not something that I've ever heard before from someone visiting a Tesla store (the pushy part, not the part about needing to reserve pre-test drive). I've had nothing but positive interactions with the staff at the Portland store. I'm glad that you've contacted the manager; if there was someone there who was being pushy they need to be corrected. I'm also quite glad that you're going in for a test drive. Make sure to punch it on the back road coming back into the mall!

Let me clarify....it wasn't a negative experience I just felt like I should have been given the opportunity to get to know the car before they asked for a dep. But that is what they are their to do. I called the store manager not to complain but to get real answers that I have without another sales pitch lmao. I am heading down there soon since no one has called me back!....I will push for a test drive. It's to had Tesla did not put the store at Bridgeport, there's tons of areas for test drives and it's more of an uppity mall.

I had a much better experience today....all of my questions were answered and I have scheduled a test drive. As a nice gesture I even gave a nice couple my earlier test drive time so they could drive it sooner, they were way more excited then myself. So after test drive and a talk with the tax man a dep will be made.

I had a much better experience today....all of my questions were answered and I have scheduled a test drive. As a nice gesture I even gave a nice couple my earlier test drive time so they could drive it sooner, they were way more excited then myself. So after test drive and a talk with the tax man a dep will be made.

I'm very glad to hear that your experience was better this time! It seems like I might be getting my car in the next few weeks and I assume that I'll try to make it up (from Eugene) for a GTG soon.