Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Law Change - Texas front license plate no longer required?

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    It depends on what part of Texas. I got pulled over once near my house and the excuse was the license plate in the windshield wasn't valid. A lot of people don't put it on so it is more of if they want to pull you over, they use lack of front plate as an excuse then look for other things.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

P6316
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    It depends on what part of Texas. I got pulled over once near my house and the excuse was the license plate in the windshield wasn't valid. A lot of people don't put it on so it is more of if they want to pull you over, they use lack of front plate as an excuse then look for other things.
    I'll been pulled over as well for lack of a front plate on my A3, no ticket. I got it installed that as it was not worth the hassle of any cop being able to pull me over.
    John Griswell
    60 kWh Model S Production - Vin P04018

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn005 View Post
    A Tesla with a front plate is like a beauty queen wearing glasses. I'm just sayin'
    I can live with the latter, but not the former. I'm just sayin' as well.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

That's a scary scenario. If I get pulled over for not having a front license plate, I fear that I may get a ticket for the location of the cup holders.
    "These go to eleven..."

S Sig #371, X Prod #1143
    Didn't install mine either. I see a TON of luxury cars around here without front license plates. It would just piss me off every day to come out and see it there. Got a ticket for it once when I was a teenager, but I'm sure then the officer was just looking for a reason to pull over a car full of teenage boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhodesmd View Post
    Didn't install mine either. I see a TON of luxury cars around here without front license plates. It would just piss me off every day to come out and see it there. Got a ticket for it once when I was a teenager, but I'm sure then the officer was just looking for a reason to pull over a car full of teenage boys.
    This is why I like the retractable plate holder (manual or motorized)... leave it hidden, but if stopped just explain that it was last retracted for a car show and forgot to extend it again, with apologies?
    [/B][/URL] Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Does anyone know someone with the design and machine shop expertise to build a front plate bracket for the Model S that is easily removable? Would think there is a small market for it at least.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Does anyone know someone with the design and machine shop expertise to build a front plate bracket for the Model S that is easily removable? Would think there is a small market for it at least.
    I'd like to see someone build a nosecone that the plate would just attach to.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Tow Hook License plate holder ?

If there is a Tow Hook socket in the front, where you can screw in the hook, like on many cars ( even my smartfortwo has one) then there is a license plate holder that mounts to it, its about $50, and stainless. Do our Model S cars have this feature of a tow hook ?
    Model S Performance
    P03217

Quote Originally Posted by gkalexdc View Post
    If there is a Tow Hook socket in the front, where you can screw in the hook, like on many cars ( even my smartfortwo has one) then there is a license plate holder that mounts to it, its about $50, and stainless. Do our Model S cars have this feature of a tow hook ?
    . No.

Thread Information