Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cubby under the touch screen - Size, delivery, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I making a carbon fiber faced box (to match the CF decor I've ordered) for the Passpsort 8500ci radar detector controller, the Blinder Laser Jammer remote switch, and the Parking Dynamics on/off switch for the front bumper sensor. I don't want to mount this stuff on the dash, as it will look so much like aftermarket add-ons. The cubby has enough space and I likely wouldn't have use it anyway.

By using the cubby for this purpose I can make these devices look like they came with the car. All related controller hardware will be in the box so that the wiring will be easy to route and the USB connections to upgrade the Passport and Blinder software and firmware can be made from the faceplate. I'm working on it now and should have it finished in about a week or two. I'll post photos when it's done. I love to do this kind of stuff anyway and have the skill and tools to get it done. It will be unique, which is part of the idea.

Last edited:
Sweet! Those would be my three picks for mods too. I currently have my fx's cig lighter area filled with three switches for mods and you can easily open close the area cover. Unfortunately, I'd want to out my cell phone in the cubby unleas they come out with the console with cell phone holder.

Sweet! Those would be my three picks for mods too. I currently have my fx's cig lighter area filled with three switches for mods and you can easily open close the area cover. Unfortunately, I'd want to out my cell phone in the cubby unleas they come out with the console with cell phone holder.

I'll also be getting the Center Console Insert (CCI), which leaves the cubby accessible. So I think I'll have the storage issue resolved.

I making a carbon fiber faced box (to match the CF decor I've ordered) for the Passpsort 8500ci radar detector controller, the Blinder Laser Jammer remote switch, and the Parking Dynamics on/off switch for the front bumper sensor. I don't want to mount this stuff on the dash, as it will look so much like aftermarket add-ons. The cubby has enough space and I likely wouldn't have use it anyway.

By using the cubby for this purpose I can make these devices look like they came with the car. All related controller hardware will be in the box so that the wiring will be easy to route and the USB connections to upgrade the Passport and Blinder software and firmware can be made from the faceplate. I'm working on it now and should have it finished in about a week or two. I'll post photos when it's done. I love to do this kind of stuff anyway and have the skill and tools to get it done. It will be unique, which is part of the idea.

Thanks for the info! I'm interested in seeing the pix. I don't have any skills in this area but I like to see what people do along these lines.

Has everyone gotten their cubbies now? My car came without the cubby, in fact it had a diagnostic cable just hanging down from under the main screen. Tesla got me a cover to hide the diagnostic cable, but still no cubby. I never thought I would get my CF spoiler before the cubby.