Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK.. Where did *that* green come from!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anybody else see this page:
http://www.teslamotors.com/goelectric
Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 4.20.04 PM.png

Is that page new? If they had *that* color green instead of the blueish green that I've seen, I might have jumped on it. What do folks think, just a photoshop job gone wrong? Is the difference to subtle that most might not care?

An owner showed up at or holiday meet Motor4Toys with that color this weekend. He had picked the car up the day before at 3:00PM. It looks black in all but the brightest of lighting.

Maybe it's just me, but the *real* green (on the cars) seems much more blueish, almost a teal tint to it.

Ditto. I have a metallic green car now, and thought about getting Tesla's green . . . till I saw it. I didn't care for it. But I like many of the other colors, so I still had a tough choice. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I'd've ordered green if it looked like the pic above. ;-)

Here is the best GREEN ModelS photo I've seen to date. It has low angle sun working its way into the finish. I've cropped it for my Desktop here in anticipation of delivery of my green non-performance (real soon now!!). Btw, that Go Electric green color is totally bogus. Kudos to the OP; have not been able to find thread.
--

Green-S_crop.jpg

Just picked up my green Model S today on a very dim, murky Seattle day. (Is there any other kind in December?)

The poster above who said green is a chameleon nailed it; with today's overcast, anyway, it does look black when in motion, but direct light hits it and it carries from a nice "British Racing Green" to a slightly bluish tint, depending on the 'temperature' of the light hitting it. In my own garage under bright white flourescent light it reverts to black-at-a-distance, deep-green-up-close:

2012-12-12 15.57.05.jpg

2012-12-12 15.57.12.jpg

2012-12-12 15.57.26.jpg

The more "bluish" tint to these photos comes when my crappy Droid's camera flash hit. To the naked eye, it's a lot darker, overall.

Thanks to all for posting these. Very helpful for those of us who have to make a decision now. Indeed, the Green is very nice. Based on what you all are saying, it appears that in most light it isn't quite the British Racing (Jaguar) green which would also look fantastic on this car.

The green on the Go Electric page is the standard CGI green they've always had in the design studio. None of the CGI colors in the design studio are a precise depiction of the actual colors on a real car.

And it is BOGUS. TM marketing division (if they even have one) should be ashamed. Just like that pale grey ILLEGIBLE text all over their webpages <points finger of shame>. :mad:

Now that TM needs to pull real people into this market, as opposed to simply playing to the choir, maybe they should consider a full revamp of their public profile.
--

Not sure I would go that far, but I would suggest that now that there are plenty of real-life examples of the various configurations, they could greatly augment the Design Studio with real-life photo galleries of interior and exterior combinations, in both indoor and outdoor lighting.

I really can't wait for Robert.Boston's battery charge to be depleted, so he is forced to return home to recharge and upload more pics of the green, in full sunshine!