Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
I'm not the one to do this, but what about creating a Wiki spreadsheet for each Supercharger station that people could post probable dates and times of planned usage? Would be nice to see in advance of a trip, that the Barstow station has planned usages during the morning, but not in the afternoon on a given date. This wouldn't be a reservation system so much as information. Perhaps could include email/cell phone info for those making entries. So I'm driving down I-5, I can call someone who is planning on a 11 AM charge at Harris Ranch to see how it's going.

But like I said, I'm not the one to do this. And TimDorr lives in Atlanta so not sure he'd be interested in tracking Superchargers in CA. Any volunteers?

Hopefully Tesla will address this with in-car ability to see if the charger is occupied. It would be tough to rely on something like this but could be useful. People might feel as though they've reserved the charger though but others won't even know about the system and may get there first.

Hopefully Tesla will address this with in-car ability to see if the charger is occupied. It would be tough to rely on something like this but could be useful. People might feel as though they've reserved the charger though but others won't even know about the system and may get there first.

System lets them start, but disconnects them when you get there.

I thought we were talking about a wiki where people post when they plan to use a charger?

For Tesla's system, I don't think people would appreciate getting kicked off the charger. You couldn't move their car anyway if they weren't standing next to the car.

I'm not the one to do this, but what about creating a Wiki spreadsheet for each Supercharger station that people could post probable dates and times of planned usage? Would be nice to see in advance of a trip, that the Barstow station has planned usages during the morning, but not in the afternoon on a given date. This wouldn't be a reservation system so much as information. Perhaps could include email/cell phone info for those making entries. So I'm driving down I-5, I can call someone who is planning on a 11 AM charge at Harris Ranch to see how it's going.

But like I said, I'm not the one to do this. And TimDorr lives in Atlanta so not sure he'd be interested in tracking Superchargers in CA. Any volunteers?

You have just described the specs of the Android application / web app I am planning to build ?

Now, if Tesla would build a supercharger within 200 miles of my location, maybe I would feel more motivated to do so ... :)

I thought we were talking about a wiki where people post when they plan to use a charger?

For Tesla's system, I don't think people would appreciate getting kicked off the charger. You couldn't move their car anyway if they weren't standing next to the car.

Should have put a smiley after our comments. I, at least, wasn't being serious.

anyone wanting to making an app is free to use the openchargemap database
Superchargers are in the database too

Chargepoint allows reservations for their network on their app. (I thought it was plughsare but...). I would very much prefer if one of the existing apps with consumer traction added the feature e.g. Plugshare, Recargo.

The simplest way to do this is to publish an open calendar from gmail or the likes for each supercharger; and expose it as a link in charger descriptions in OCM (openChargeMap). Even with a custom app as the UI, this would be the most flexible and standard storage backend.

I would expect Tesla to include this in their app eventually. In addition I expect the onboard software to tell you expected availability of superchargers in range in some cool way. Knowing where cars are, which way they are going and their charge state adds interesting data for the Tesla heuristics.

Chargepoint allows reservations for their network on their app. (I thought it was plughsare but...). I would very much prefer if one of the existing apps with consumer traction added the feature e.g. Plugshare, Recargo.

The simplest way to do this is to publish an open calendar from gmail or the likes for each supercharger; and expose it as a link in charger descriptions in OCM (openChargeMap). Even with a custom app as the UI, this would be the most flexible and standard storage backend.

I would expect Tesla to include this in their app eventually. In addition I expect the onboard software to tell you expected availability of superchargers in range in some cool way. Knowing where cars are, which way they are going and their charge state adds interesting data for the Tesla heuristics.

you can suggest it here Open Charge Map - Discussions

i;-)

I can't get search results on recargo only for superchargers

http://www.recargo.com They already have the ability to add and search for Superchargers as well as other charging sites.

If you search for tesla superchargers, it seems to show any j1772 sites. Open Charge Map : The open, global database of electric vehicle charging locations
does correctly seem to search for superchargers. There seem to be rumors of superchargers elsewhere, but I only see the original 6 in cali.

Hi, I know you were kidding, but I'm actually in Bellevue, a suburb of Seattle. I saw my first mod s "on the road" last week, driving around newport hills, a grey one with paper license in the window. I need to get a move on with the nema 14-50 because I just got the mail saying mine is coming in Dec! I was a little afraid of losing the 7.5k rebate (now I'll get it this year!) and the state sales tax exemption for wa state will be there too.

To get slightly on topic, I'm hoping to hear about a plan for superchargers between seattle and the natural routes from here:
1. i5 on the way to portland
2. i5 on the way to vancouver, bc
3. 1 or 2 on the Olympic peninsula route
4. i90 east, maybe one at snoqualmie pass, one towards spokane
5. one on us 2 on the way to stevens pass

There are lots of j1772 charging spots around puget sound. My office, which is rapidly filling up with leafs, has several j1772 and one nema 14-50 but sadly are not public.

Hi, I know you were kidding, but I'm actually in Bellevue, a suburb of Seattle. I saw my first mod s "on the road" last week, driving around newport hills, a grey one with paper license in the window. I need to get a move on with the nema 14-50 because I just got the mail saying mine is coming in Dec! I was a little afraid of losing the 7.5k rebate (now I'll get it this year!) and the state sales tax exemption for wa state will be there too.

To get slightly on topic, I'm hoping to hear about a plan for superchargers between seattle and the natural routes from here:
1. i5 on the way to portland
2. i5 on the way to vancouver, bc
3. 1 or 2 on the Olympic peninsula route
4. i90 east, maybe one at snoqualmie pass, one towards spokane
5. one on us 2 on the way to stevens pass

There are lots of j1772 charging spots around puget sound. My office, which is rapidly filling up with leafs, has several j1772 and one nema 14-50 but sadly are not public.

@seattle, I am in Bellevue too. What is your res number? Did you get your car yet?