Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger Database

Supercharger Database

I'm not the one to do this, but what about creating a Wiki spreadsheet for each Supercharger station that people could post probable dates and times of planned usage? Would be nice to see in advance of a trip, that the Barstow station has planned usages during the morning, but not in the afternoon on a given date. This wouldn't be a reservation system so much as information. Perhaps could include email/cell phone info for those making entries. So I'm driving down I-5, I can call someone who is planning on a 11 AM charge at Harris Ranch to see how it's going.

But like I said, I'm not the one to do this. And TimDorr lives in Atlanta so not sure he'd be interested in tracking Superchargers in CA. Any volunteers?

Why not just use Google Map Maker??? That seems like the best way to compile a worldwide up-to-date database.

In Google Map Maker, all you have to do is click on the red "Add New" Button, drop a marker, and then type "Electric..." and it will auto suggest "Electric Vehicle Charging Station".

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Hopefully Tesla will address this with in-car ability to see if the charger is occupied. It would be tough to rely on something like this but could be useful. People might feel as though they've reserved the charger though but others won't even know about the system and may get there first.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    Hopefully Tesla will address this with in-car ability to see if the charger is occupied. It would be tough to rely on something like this but could be useful. People might feel as though they've reserved the charger though but others won't even know about the system and may get there first.
    System lets them start, but disconnects them when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    System lets them start, but disconnects them when you get there.
    Precisely.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    I thought we were talking about a wiki where people post when they plan to use a charger?

For Tesla's system, I don't think people would appreciate getting kicked off the charger. You couldn't move their car anyway if they weren't standing next to the car.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

CDN P#40
    Quote Originally Posted by napabill View Post
    I'm not the one to do this, but what about creating a Wiki spreadsheet for each Supercharger station that people could post probable dates and times of planned usage? Would be nice to see in advance of a trip, that the Barstow station has planned usages during the morning, but not in the afternoon on a given date. This wouldn't be a reservation system so much as information. Perhaps could include email/cell phone info for those making entries. So I'm driving down I-5, I can call someone who is planning on a 11 AM charge at Harris Ranch to see how it's going.

But like I said, I'm not the one to do this. And TimDorr lives in Atlanta so not sure he'd be interested in tracking Superchargers in CA. Any volunteers?
    You have just described the specs of the Android application / web app I am planning to build ?

Now, if Tesla would build a supercharger within 200 miles of my location, maybe I would feel more motivated to do so ...

Model S Sig Perf, VIN 586
    Sounds simple enough that could just add it as adjunct to something like... teslamotorsclub.com. Quick database plus a few buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    I thought we were talking about a wiki where people post when they plan to use a charger?

For Tesla's system, I don't think people would appreciate getting kicked off the charger. You couldn't move their car anyway if they weren't standing next to the car.
    Should have put a smiley after our comments. I, at least, wasn't being serious.

Thread Information