Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger Database

Items for Sale

Recargo already has it covered...

http://www.recargo.com They already have the ability to add and search for Superchargers as well as other charging sites.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFroggy View Post
    http://www.recargo.com They already have the ability to add and search for Superchargers as well as other charging sites.
    But it doesn't tell you about planned usage in the future, for trip planning purposes.

anyone wanting to making an app is free to use the openchargemap database
    Superchargers are in the database too

Quote Originally Posted by jcstp View Post
    anyone wanting to making an app is free to use the openchargemap database
    Superchargers are in the database too
    Chargepoint allows reservations for their network on their app. (I thought it was plughsare but...). I would very much prefer if one of the existing apps with consumer traction added the feature e.g. Plugshare, Recargo.

The simplest way to do this is to publish an open calendar from gmail or the likes for each supercharger; and expose it as a link in charger descriptions in OCM (openChargeMap). Even with a custom app as the UI, this would be the most flexible and standard storage backend.

I would expect Tesla to include this in their app eventually. In addition I expect the onboard software to tell you expected availability of superchargers in range in some cool way. Knowing where cars are, which way they are going and their charge state adds interesting data for the Tesla heuristics.
    Tesla Model X #1188
    This post is (c) the author, all rights reserved, not to be used outside the TMC forums without explicit consent.

Quote Originally Posted by EchoDelta View Post
    Chargepoint allows reservations for their network on their app. (I thought it was plughsare but...). I would very much prefer if one of the existing apps with consumer traction added the feature e.g. Plugshare, Recargo.

The simplest way to do this is to publish an open calendar from gmail or the likes for each supercharger; and expose it as a link in charger descriptions in OCM (openChargeMap). Even with a custom app as the UI, this would be the most flexible and standard storage backend.

I would expect Tesla to include this in their app eventually. In addition I expect the onboard software to tell you expected availability of superchargers in range in some cool way. Knowing where cars are, which way they are going and their charge state adds interesting data for the Tesla heuristics.
    you can suggest it here Open Charge Map - Discussions

i

I can't get search results on recargo only for superchargers

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFroggy View Post

If you search for tesla superchargers, it seems to show any j1772 sites. Open Charge Map : The open, global database of electric vehicle charging locations
    does correctly seem to search for superchargers. There seem to be rumors of superchargers elsewhere, but I only see the original 6 in cali.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
    If you search for tesla superchargers, it seems to show any j1772 sites. Open Charge Map : The open, global database of electric vehicle charging locations
    does correctly seem to search for superchargers. There seem to be rumors of superchargers elsewhere, but I only see the original 6 in cali.
    Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?
    Last edited by brianman; 2012-12-10 at 10:23 AM.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    There seem to be rumors of superchargers elsewhere, but I only see the original 6 in cali.
    Those 6 are the only SCs so far. We're eagerly awaiting news of some in the Boston--DC corridor.

Hi, I know you were kidding, but I'm actually in Bellevue, a suburb of Seattle. I saw my first mod s "on the road" last week, driving around newport hills, a grey one with paper license in the window. I need to get a move on with the nema 14-50 because I just got the mail saying mine is coming in Dec! I was a little afraid of losing the 7.5k rebate (now I'll get it this year!) and the state sales tax exemption for wa state will be there too.

To get slightly on topic, I'm hoping to hear about a plan for superchargers between seattle and the natural routes from here:
    1. i5 on the way to portland
    2. i5 on the way to vancouver, bc
    3. 1 or 2 on the Olympic peninsula route
    4. i90 east, maybe one at snoqualmie pass, one towards spokane
    5. one on us 2 on the way to stevens pass

There are lots of j1772 charging spots around puget sound. My office, which is rapidly filling up with leafs, has several j1772 and one nema 14-50 but sadly are not public.

Hi, I know you were kidding, but I'm actually in Bellevue, a suburb of Seattle. I saw my first mod s "on the road" last week, driving around newport hills, a grey one with paper license in the window. I need to get a move on with the nema 14-50 because I just got the mail saying mine is coming in Dec! I was a little afraid of losing the 7.5k rebate (now I'll get it this year!) and the state sales tax exemption for wa state will be there too.

To get slightly on topic, I'm hoping to hear about a plan for superchargers between seattle and the natural routes from here:
    1. i5 on the way to portland
    2. i5 on the way to vancouver, bc
    3. 1 or 2 on the Olympic peninsula route
    4. i90 east, maybe one at snoqualmie pass, one towards spokane
    5. one on us 2 on the way to stevens pass

There are lots of j1772 charging spots around puget sound. My office, which is rapidly filling up with leafs, has several j1772 and one nema 14-50 but sadly are not public.
    @seattle, I am in Bellevue too. What is your res number? Did you get your car yet?

Thread Information