Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong Model S Launch

Hong Kong Model S Launch

Invites have been going out to a Model S launch party in Hong Kong.

Tuesday 11th December 2012, @Cyberport.

I'll be going, and will try to post pictures here afterwards.

They've got a left-hand drive display car here, and are starting something interesting with it real soon.
    Last edited by markwj; 2012-12-05 at 05:05 PM. Reason: 2012, doh! Tks Kanga

Last night, a Tesla sales called me to schedule a test drive. He asked me to pick a day starting December 12th. I reserved a Signature and my friends who reserved production haven't received calls yet.

Quote Originally Posted by markwj View Post
    Invites have been going out to a Model S launch party in Hong Kong.

Tuesday 11th December 2012, @Cyberport.

I'll be going, and will try to post pictures here afterwards.

They've got a left-hand drive display car here, and are starting something interesting with it real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sonywong View Post
    Last night, a Tesla sales called me to schedule a test drive. He asked me to pick a day starting December 12th. I reserved a Signature and my friends who reserved production haven't received calls yet.
    Well, I wasn't gonna say anything, as I didn't know if it is public yet, but I too got the call. Gonna get Amped on the 12th.

Congrats to Tesla for managing to arrange this. Left hand drive cars supposedly cannot be registered in Hong Kong, but they have a special permit for a special test drive route. Only problem is that after having driven the car, I suspect that the wait for delivery will be even harder.
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

Have fun! Weird though that we in NL didn't get test drives yet while we drive on the 'right' side of the road.

Nevertheless, good to see Tesla make progress outside of the USA!

Sent from my phone, so my apologies for typos.
    BMW M5 E39 - Kawasaki Z750R - 3-phase power - Not a Roadster owner, but the co-owner of my/our company is

85kWh - 19" Cyclone grey - Pearl White - Tech Package - PDC - Sunroof - Twin-Chargers - Light package - Nappa Leather

I hope they can release the price details on that day. I also want to know whether the recent price increase does affect Hong Kong market or not.

Quote Originally Posted by moarfish View Post
    I hope they can release the price details on that day. I also want to know whether the recent price increase does affect Hong Kong market or not.
    As a reservation holder, I got an eMail from Tesla saying:

This is our first price increase since the announcement of Model S and it is very important that we implement this in a way that recognizes people like you, who already have a Model S reservation with us. For anyone who has or makes a reservation by end of day on December 31, we will be deducting an estimated 17,000HKD* from the final price of your Model S. In other words, you will not be affected by the price increase as long as you finalize your order within a reasonable, predefined timeframe.

*Please note the discount amount is not yet finalized and is subject to change either up or down if currency exchange rates change significantly.
    HK$17,000 is a little under US$2,200.

Very fair, and makes me feel good as an early reservation holder.

Based on what I've heard, I'm guessing the orders for HK will start to be finalized late summer 2013, so pricing would have to be released before then. Again, based on Canada and what I've been told, I expect pricing for Hong Kong to be US x 7.8 + shipping + homologation.
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

A fun evening, with a great turnout.

It started off with EVie finding a friend at the free-electrons parking spot:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355239547.699887.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  121.3 KB

Then, the event itself:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355239610.634188.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  166.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355239630.798364.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  234.2 KB

Crowded as hell at the start, so my wife and I went upstairs for a meal. By the time we got back, things were less busy and we got to spend some time in the car. Worked out where things were and how things worked in preparation for tomorrow's Get Amped test drive.

Very well organized, and congratulations to Tesla.
    PLEASE NOTE:

Too bad they still haven't announced pricing in HK

From Canadian and Oz market indications, hopefully it will be US pricing x FX + delivery. If so, it will compare 5 series pricing which is great!

What specs are HKers going for? Performance or 40kWh? Range wise deffo 40kWh is enough but people here love driving their supercars at 30mph traffic!!
    [CANCELLED] Hong Kong #100 | 60kWh | Brown | 19" | Coils | Tech Package | Parking Sensors | Textile seats | Piano Black trim
    Relocating to UK - S85D ordered!

Model S Sig Perf, VIN 586
    Quote Originally Posted by markwj View Post
    Only problem is that after having driven the car, I suspect that the wait for delivery will be even harder.
    This is true.

Thread Information