Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Hong Kong Model S Launch

  1. #11
    Senior Member markwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    What specs are HKers going for? Performance or 40kWh? Range wise deffo 40kWh is enough but people here love driving their supercars at 30mph traffic!!
    From what I hear, about 50/50 signature vs production at the moment. Everyone I talk to is signature, and most want the performance model. But, then again, the current events are mostly for signature and roadster owner reservers.

    I'm probably going for 60kWh battery, production standard model. Definitely with tech package, pano roof and air suspension.

    I got amped today, and it was an amazing experience. Thanks to Kenneth and the whole Tesla team for the opportunity. The car is amazing to drive. Very smooth. The route around Cyberport is short and speed limited, but gives you a good idea of what the car can do. It is also quiet, without much traffic, which is hard to find in Hong Kong.
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

  2. #12
    I drove the car Saturday, the acceleration is amazing, kinda like inside the magnetic levitation train from Shanghai airport to Shanghai city. I plugged an USB drive with some Chinese/Japanese songs and too bad the media player couldn't display song names properly. According to a local forum, Tesla already received over 200 reservations in Hong Kong.

    Quote Originally Posted by markwj View Post
    From what I hear, about 50/50 signature vs production at the moment. Everyone I talk to is signature, and most want the performance model. But, then again, the current events are mostly for signature and roadster owner reservers.

    I'm probably going for 60kWh battery, production standard model. Definitely with tech package, pano roof and air suspension.

    I got amped today, and it was an amazing experience. Thanks to Kenneth and the whole Tesla team for the opportunity. The car is amazing to drive. Very smooth. The route around Cyberport is short and speed limited, but gives you a good idea of what the car can do. It is also quiet, without much traffic, which is hard to find in Hong Kong.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    47
    Hi sonywong, so good you can test drive the car. I am a die hard fan of Tesla but I cannot afford one. I am now buying TSLA shares instead.
    There is a reservation thread in the official Tesla Forum.
    Model S Reservation Tally | Forums | Tesla Motors
    May be you can help them to update the list? I think your reserve number is more updated than the one they are having in record.

  4. #14
    EVocate DITB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,104
    Knowing the prices of property and certain high end commodities, I will bet my sweet a-- that Tesla S will be shared and traded low and high, both queue tickets and cars on the road (when we get to that point).

    I am curious to see how much faster production could be compared to expectations. Not that I am in a hurry to get a Tesla S, but it's exciting anyway!

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    47
    I am waiting for a test drive for those who did not reserve the car.

  6. #16
    Model S P26 (Aus) meloccom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by moarfish View Post
    I am waiting for a test drive for those who did not reserve the car.
    The Jan 8 press release from Tesla tends to suggest that test drives are now available generally in Hong Kong.
    TESLA MOTORS MODEL S MAKES ITS ASIAN DEBUT IN HONG KONG | Press Releases | Tesla Motors
    Even if you don't have a reservation, it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    AUS P#26 S85 Anza Brown/Tan Obeche Gloss, 19" wheels, Tech, Air Suspension. Reserved 31 May 2012, Ordered 1 June 2014 and Confirmed 5 June 2014.

  7. #17
    Senior Member markwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by meloccom View Post
    The Jan 8 press release from Tesla tends to suggest that test drives are now available generally in Hong Kong.
    Drives for reservation holders started a month ago. With 200 reported reservations, that is only about 7 a day. 20 minutes a drive, 8 hours a day, they must have worked through the reservation holders by now.
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

  8. #18
    EVocate DITB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by markwj View Post
    As a reservation holder, I got an eMail from Tesla saying:

    This is our first price increase since the announcement of Model S and it is very important that we implement this in a way that recognizes people like you, who already have a Model S reservation with us. For anyone who has or makes a reservation by end of day on December 31, we will be deducting an estimated 17,000HKD* from the final price of your Model S. In other words, you will not be affected by the price increase as long as you finalize your order within a reasonable, predefined timeframe.
    *Please note the discount amount is not yet finalized and is subject to change either up or down if currency exchange rates change significantly.

    HK$17,000 is a little under US$2,200.

    Very fair, and makes me feel good as an early reservation holder.

    Based on what I've heard, I'm guessing the orders for HK will start to be finalized late summer 2013, so pricing would have to be released before then. Again, based on Canada and what I've been told, I expect pricing for Hong Kong to be US x 7.8 + shipping + homologation.
    (I added some bold emphasis to the above quotes)

    I checked my emails, and found the following in a newsletter of 21 December 2012:

    There are 11 days left to place your reservation for the award winning Model S at current prices. Many of you have probably heard about our recent price increase that will go into effect on January 1, 2013. This price increase will not apply to anyone who has or makes a reservation by end of day on December 31, 2012... as long as they finalize their order within four weeks after receiving their "Invitation to Configure" when the time comes to build their Model S.
    Since the Model S wasn't priced in HK until last month, more than a year later than the deadline mentioned in December 2012, I wonder if the price on the quote is final, or will be reduced for those of us who paid the deposit before December 31st, 2012.

    Having checked emails, I can see that I ordered and paid 39,000 HKD on December 7th, 2012, where I got my RN, and the sequence number was received on December 14th (2012). I should qualify for a ~17,000 HKD discount, shouldn't I?

    What makes me uncertain is that since there was no price announced at 31/12-2012, there couldn't have been any price increase. The 579,000 base price is the only one we know.

    Having trusted Tesla Motors for 1 1/2 years now with my down payment, I think it's fair they stick to their word. I am happy they give me a cash back after I am done with the financing, then I will use that for seat covers and two dice to hang on the rear view mirror (NOT!)

    Name:  dice in the windscreen.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  40.3 KB
    Click here -> HK: Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery - Hong Kong RH Drive | Delivery ~Sep 23rd, 2014 | 85 | Silver Metallic
    Feb - Aug 14, "Order Confirmed - We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S" - Aug 9th 14 - In Production - The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

  9. #19
    Senior Member markwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by DITB View Post
    Since the Model S wasn't priced in HK until last month, more than a year later than the deadline mentioned in December 2012, I wonder if the price on the quote is final, or will be reduced for those of us who paid the deposit before December 31st, 2012.

    Having checked emails, I can see that I ordered and paid 39,000 HKD on December 7th, 2012, where I got my RN, and the sequence number was received on December 14th (2012). I should qualify for a ~17,000 HKD discount, shouldn't I?
    The eMail said anyone who has of makes a reservation before dec 31st 2012, so you should be eligible for the HKD17k deduction.
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by DITB View Post
    What makes me uncertain is that since there was no price announced at 31/12-2012, there couldn't have been any price increase. The 579,000 base price is the only one we know.
    I would say the HK prices reflect the increase as its simply the US price (post increase) + US$3,500, and converted to HKD.
    [CANCELLED] Hong Kong #100 | 60kWh | Brown | 19" | Coils | Tech Package | Parking Sensors | Textile seats | Piano Black trim
    Relocating to UK - looking to BUY used Model S!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What would it take to convert Taxis in Hong Kong?
    By markwj in forum Asia and Australia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2014-05-20, 01:47 AM
  2. Hong Kong Model S Pricing
    By markwj in forum Hong Kong
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 2014-05-11, 11:48 PM
  3. Renault Fluence launches in Hong Kong
    By markwj in forum Hong Kong
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2013-01-27, 02:37 AM
  4. Model S display comes to Hong Kong
    By NigelM in forum Hong Kong
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2012-09-21, 05:15 PM
  5. Hong Kong show about Tesla
    By TEG in forum Video
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2011-06-21, 10:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •