Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Actual pictures of the grey?

Quote Originally Posted by pete8314 View Post
    I'm really not too keen on an all-white car, so if I did go for either of the whites, it would have the pano roof (since I personally find the black painted roof a bit weird). I'm trying to shave some cost here and there, so the pano roof, as much as I would like it, isn't quite on my 'must-have' list, unless I go for white.
    Gotcha. Thanks for elaborating! I thought the black roof thing was a bit odd for any color, but yeah, especially white, it seems like too much of a contrast. Admittedly a lot of this color stuff's theoretical for me; I'm not great at picturing things....

Sponsor (& Model S Owner) pete8314's Avatar
    Also spotted this photo on another thread:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attac...7&d=1354765725
    Delivered Feb 8 2013 - 85Kwh/Dolphin Grey/Pano/Tech/Sound/Air/shelf/HPWC/Passport 9500ci/19" TSportline wheels
    Protect your stuff! Silicone FobPockets | Leather FobPockets | Neoprene FobPockets | Screen Protectors | Other Cool Stuff for your Model S

Quote Originally Posted by kendallpb View Post
    Heh. I'm curious, why does your pano decision rely on the color, or am I misinterpreting what you wrote above? I could see maybe the reverse (some colors seeming to work better with/without pano), I suppose (though my pano decision is because I want it, and I never considered whether my color would go with it well or not), but I'm confused by your list.

Anyway, just wondering. Everyone's different! Me: Brown with pano roof, but I was really torn between brown and blue, and earlier I was very intrigued by grey and even silver.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify, I meant "I could see deciding on roof, then picking a color to go with it" but the pano roof is functional/different from non-pano, so picking color first is what confuses me. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting.
    I believe your thinking is correct. The appearance of the pano is nearly identical to a black painted roof. The perimeter sheet metal around the pano actually is painted black. So I think you are asking a valid question: whether the pano roof clashes with the exterior color of the car. The same can be said of the black "grille" area up front.
    2013 Model S Performance
    VIN 5348, Delivered 3/9/13
    Pearl White, Black, Pano, 21" Silver, Carbon, Tech, Sound, Twin Chargers

Model S - R140
    Name:  424949_10151277199432208_912491696_n.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  168.3 KB
    Name:  374555_10151277199442208_1108341447_n.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  220.6 KB
    Name:  45335_10151274405242208_2085079860_n.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  125.4 KB
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

Very nice. I think (relative statement) that we're decided on the grey, as it's not silver, and is sort of in-between white, pearl white and black.

The leather is the next question, the tan might be too 'orange' for my taste, but the grey leather has been accused elsewhere of looking a bit anemic. Of course there's black, but I'm in Tx, and it does get really hot in the summer. Pre-cooling will help with that, but I'm still tempted to try one of the lighter colors.
    Delivered Feb 8 2013 - 85Kwh/Dolphin Grey/Pano/Tech/Sound/Air/shelf/HPWC/Passport 9500ci/19" TSportline wheels
    Protect your stuff! Silicone FobPockets | Leather FobPockets | Neoprene FobPockets | Screen Protectors | Other Cool Stuff for your Model S

Model S - R140
    Very nice. I think (relative statement) that we're decided on the grey, as it's not silver, and is sort of in-between white, pearl white and black.

The leather is the next question, the tan might be too 'orange' for my taste, but the grey leather has been accused elsewhere of looking a bit anemic. Of course there's black, but I'm in Tx, and it does get really hot in the summer. Pre-cooling will help with that, but I'm still tempted to try one of the lighter colors.
    Doing fine with the black in Miami. The UV protection is very good (although very bad for my toll transponder)
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    Doing fine with the black in Miami. The UV protection is very good (although very bad for my toll transponder)
    Regrettably in the summer my car bakes in a very open parking lot for the whole day, to the point where the aluminum trim inside will burn you. There's -a- tree I could park under, but that drops crap all over the paintwork, so I think I'm choosing the lesser of two evils.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    The leather is the next question, the tan might be too 'orange' for my taste, but the grey leather has been accused elsewhere of looking a bit anemic.
    Have you seen the tan in person? It's the color of coffee with a LOT of cream in it; virtually no orange overtones. The Design Studio badly misrepresents that color.

Color is obviously the most subjective thing on any car, but after driving the Dolphin Grey at Santana Row I fell in love (I'd previously preferred the blue). Big caveat for me, though: IMO the grey only looks good with the dark grey 21" wheels, which match the Dolphin Grey paint very closely. To me, the grey looks Plain Jane and dull with silver wheels, but completely transforms the car into an evil monster (in a good way ) when paired with the grey 21" wheels.

and the grey calipers
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - 27550mi @ 369Whr/mi Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Thread Information