Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actual pictures of the grey?

Actual pictures of the grey?

I've been delaying clicking finalize, since I still cannot decide on color. I'm down to this list though:

- Pearl white (with pano roof)
    - White (with pano roof)
    - Grey (maybe pano)
    - Black (no pano)

So at the very least, we can agree I'm monotone

I'm not really looking for opinions on the color options, but would love to see some actual photos of the grey - I've got plenty of pictures of the black and the white, but aside from the photo posted by Tesla, and a very short walk-around video, I can't find much. Right now I'm leaning towards the grey, I've seen the white in person and don't recall being very impressed, but, the photos I've seen lately make it look very pretty.

So, does anyone out there have an actual grey Model S?? I need to finalize by Dec 31, so there's a bit of time, plus, as I'm not going with the air suspension, I don't think I'm losinbg out on my delivery window by waiting another week or two.
    Delivered Feb 8 2013 - 85Kwh/Dolphin Grey/Pano/Tech/Sound/Air/shelf/HPWC/Passport 9500ci/Black FobPocket
    Check out the new FobPocket range and other handy accessories.

Pistons are unnecessary. Todd Burch's Avatar
    Hi Pete,

see this thread.

And this thread.

Also, I should have my Dolphin Gray by Dec. 31. (Hopefully by the 21st). I'll post plenty of pictures when I get mine.
    P1577, VIN 1653, 85 kWh, Dolphin Gray, 19" wheels, Black leather, Piano black interior, Pano roof, Tech package, Sound studio, air suspension.
    Burning electrons since 2012.

Pete, I've been going through the same thought process. My list also includes silver. I looked at the gray paint sample very carefully at the Tesla store near Boston. I find the gray a little too "cold" for my taste. It's a little bit like gunmetal or shark skin. Aston Martin has a warm gray metallic called Tungsten Silver that is drop dead gorgeous.

Tesla's silver is also missing something for me. Again, it makes me think how much richer the Aston colors are.

The Model S looks fantastic in black. Very handsome. The proportions of the car read really well. The only question here is whether black is too formal for you. If I was a lawyer, doctor or stock broker, it would be a perfect fit, but I'm not. I also live in Vermont, where a black car is a lot of work. In your locale it might not be an issue.

If you are going to go for white, by all means go for the Pearl. It is stunning in person. The metallic effect is subtle, but evident when you get close. Nicely understated. Pearl allows the car's curves to stand out more than plain white.

I don't have to finalize until the end of January, but I'm 99.9% settled on Pearl White with a black interior.
    2013 Model S Performance
    VIN 5348, Delivered 3/9/13
    Pearl White, Black, Pano, 21" Silver, Carbon, Tech, Sound, Twin Chargers

There are some pics in the delivery thread.
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...l=1#post223469

This is the config I'm getting. Didn't know it until we saw the grey at the get amped event.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    ----
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

4GETOIL SS70, XS4, xR913 dadaleus's Avatar
    Looked at the dolphin gray (and the blue and green) in the Costa Mesa service center last night. Personally, I think they look fantastic. The blue made me jealous I have to admit, not that I'm unhappy with Sig red, but that dark blue is really awesome. Both the dark blue and dark green look black at first glance (at least indoors) but have the color in the reflection. The dolphin grey is sublime and really looks amazing like an actual dolphin if you've ever seen one in person. I find all three much more interesting than black or white, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by pete8314 View Post
    I've been delaying clicking finalize, since I still cannot decide on color. I'm down to this list though:

- Pearl white (with pano roof)
    - White (with pano roof)
    - Grey (maybe pano)
    - Black (no pano)

So at the very least, we can agree I'm monotone
    Heh. I'm curious, why does your pano decision rely on the color, or am I misinterpreting what you wrote above? I could see maybe the reverse (some colors seeming to work better with/without pano), I suppose (though my pano decision is because I want it, and I never considered whether my color would go with it well or not), but I'm confused by your list.

Anyway, just wondering. Everyone's different! Me: Brown with pano roof, but I was really torn between brown and blue, and earlier I was very intrigued by grey and even silver.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify, I meant "I could see deciding on roof, then picking a color to go with it" but the pano roof is functional/different from non-pano, so picking color first is what confuses me. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting.

We have a long way before deciding, but right now we're going with grey (with pano roof). Wife and son thinks it looks bad-a$$, and it's not as hard to take care of as black. Never been a fan of silver. Love white, but think this car looks great in grey. I think I'll probably go with the silver wheels (not grey). We've never been into colors on cars (almost always black or white), and even though I like the dark blue, I don't think I could live with it forever. The grey looks like a shark, a little evil.

I'll be following this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by kendallpb View Post
    Heh. I'm curious, why does your pano decision rely on the color, or am I misinterpreting what you wrote above? I could see maybe the reverse (some colors seeming to work better with/without pano), I suppose (though my pano decision is because I want it, and I never considered whether my color would go with it well or not), but I'm confused by your list.

Anyway, just wondering. Everyone's different! Me: Brown with pano roof, but I was really torn between brown and blue, and earlier I was very intrigued by grey and even silver.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify, I meant "I could see deciding on roof, then picking a color to go with it" but the pano roof is functional/different from non-pano, so picking color first is what confuses me. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting.
    I'm really not too keen on an all-white car, so if I did go for either of the whites, it would have the pano roof (since I personally find the black painted roof a bit weird). I'm trying to shave some cost here and there, so the pano roof, as much as I would like it, isn't quite on my 'must-have' list, unless I go for white.
    Delivered Feb 8 2013 - 85Kwh/Dolphin Grey/Pano/Tech/Sound/Air/shelf/HPWC/Passport 9500ci/Black FobPocket
    Check out the new FobPocket range and other handy accessories.

Name:  IMG_8201.JPG
Views: 922
Size:  1.88 MB
    Name:  IMG_8197.JPG
Views: 911
Size:  331.1 KB
    Name:  coline.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  206.4 KB
    Name:  SLC.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  210.2 KB

they grey is pretty nice, well in my opinion
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - 21990mi @ 375Whr/mi Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Yep, I just finalized my order and submitted the MVPA tonight, Grey with Pano roof and Grey leather interior.

Model S Reservation: P10010 (July 2nd 2012), MVPA signed 12/4/2012, delivered 1/17/2013, VIN: 03245
    I support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

Thread Information