Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Tesla Grin"....

P85 #6649 "Magic Carpet"
    Quote Originally Posted by tdelta1000 View Post
    Rodolfo...it was out of respect that I ask. As for TM and the Model S...the best is yet to come. By the time you get your S there will be improvements and by the time I get mine it could be the COTY again. Happy motoring.
    Yes, I do realize. No offense nor issue taken, I assure you. My apologies if I was not clear enough.

I don't know what'll happen in 2013, but if things continue going as they are now, I'd not be surprised to see the Model X as 2014 COTY. Maybe the S will garner the 2013 award as well due to the dramatic differences in development paradigms between Tesla and other manufacturers, and the "car gets better even after delivery to owner" part is indeed revolutionary on its own merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo Paiz View Post
    Maybe the S will garner the 2013 award as well due to the dramatic differences in development paradigms between Tesla and other manufacturers, and the "car gets better even after delivery to owner" part is indeed revolutionary on its own merits.
    I see this a bit differently.

Suppose they considered the Model S changes for year 2 significant enough to warrant consideration for COTY. Then they realize that year 1 vehicles were updated to have the same features via software updates. Result: This excellent feature of the year 1 vehicle disqualifies the year 2 vehicle from COTY consideration.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    I see this a bit differently.

Suppose they considered the Model S changes for year 2 significant enough to warrant consideration for COTY. Then they realize that year 1 vehicles were updated to have the same features via software updates. Result: This excellent feature of the year 1 vehicle disqualifies the year 2 vehicle from COTY consideration.
    I see. I will still consider it the COTY...
    PLEASE NOTE: The posts are copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

While I hope Bonnie's right about the X winning, the market-shattering moment will be if the Gen III wins.

"Tesla's 'everyman' car, built for mass usage, at a price to match..."

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

After 5 days of ownership, I briefly lost the Tesla grin today. I had to do a bit of shopping and the parking lot was so crowded that I had to park BETWEEN TWO OTHER CARS. This had never happened before. I was on pins and needles as I finished my shopping in record time.

Fortunately, nothing happened and the Tesla grin returned. I don't remember being this anal when my son was 5 days old. HMM....
    Tesla Model S owner since December 4, 2012
    VIN 992
    Signature Red | Performance | White Leather | Carbon Fiber | Panoramic Roof | 21" Wheels

P85 #6649 "Magic Carpet"
    Agreed. At this point, everything is sheer fantasy... but if Tesla gets the '12 COTY with S, the '14 with X, and the '15 or '16 with G3, they are going to break record after record in sales and get that factory humming in a very big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo Paiz View Post
    '12 COTY with S
    Clarification: If you're speaking of Motor Trend, it was '13 for the S.

P85 #6649 "Magic Carpet"
    You're absolutely right... I have trouble counting that high sometimes.

Does any new recent Model S have that Tesla grin? Share your excitement.
    PLEASE NOTE: The posts are copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    Clarification: If you're speaking of Motor Trend, it was '13 for the S.
    for a 2012 S no less!

grinning every time I drive...2600 miles, my face is sore
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - classic grey & wood Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Thread Information