Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Live stream of a factory delivery

Blog Entries

Live stream of a factory delivery

Hi all! I've been working with Tesla on getting this scheduled but we're close now, so I'd like to announce that I'll be doing a live stream of a factory delivery soon. I'll also be taking a tour but of course no photos or videos -- but I'll do the usual video stuff for a factory delivery. I'd like to get the word out as much as possible as soon as the date is really nailed down. Right now it's scheduled for January 5th. I'll post more as details are nailed down.
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Sweet, but the tour is where it's at!
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - classic grey & wood Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Quote Originally Posted by Zextraterrestrial View Post
    Sweet, but the tour is where it's at!
    Agree. the delivery part is paperwork, and then a basic walkthrough and demo. your videos already have all that info, so not really sure this will be super informative. There's really not much else to the delivery "event".
    Roadster 2.0 Sport #502: Fusion Red w/Black, CF accent panels. adjustable suspension, HID upgrade, OVMS module.
    Model S #1299 (Reservation #R433, delivered 12/1/12.) P85, Black with tan leather and obeche wood gloss, 19" wheels, pano roof, tech pkg, sound studio pkg, air suspension, twin chargers
    Model X (Reservation #6034, Reserved 9/30/13)

Model S5,651, Model X109
    Yeah, the delivery is interesting but I want to see the factory tour!!!
    Model S Performance, VIN 02595. Blue, Tan, Matte Obeche. Best car I've ever driven.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshG View Post
    Agree. the delivery part is paperwork, and then a basic walkthrough and demo. your videos already have all that info, so not really sure this will be super informative. There's really not much else to the delivery "event".
    Well, besides seeing the 'mission control' where all of the calls and e-mails are going through for delivery. Not sure if that would be included in the video but It was cool to see all of the DS's

+ seeing 6 different configuration cars all in one spot was pretty cool
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - classic grey & wood Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    I'll also be taking a tour but of course no photos or videos
    I presume you've already asked but I'll suggest in case you haven't.

Perhaps offer to do the factory tour under special conditions (specific hours, they get editing rights on the video, etc.)?
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Blog Entries
    Hey don't rain on my parade LOL
    I want it to serve as a "here's what you get when you take delivery of your car" rather than something to inform anyone about specific features of the car. And not so much for the folks on the forums here which are much more familiar with the car and Tesla than the genera public. I'm hoping to get something on a big site like Engadget and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    I presume you've already asked but I'll suggest in case you haven't.

Perhaps offer to do the factory tour under special conditions (specific hours, they get editing rights on the video, etc.)?
    I'll definitely try!
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

If you want a factory tour sneekpeek (1hour) you can watch this

- - - Updated - - -

I want it to serve as a "here's what you get when you take delivery of your car" rather than something to inform anyone about specific features of the car. And not so much for the folks on the forums here which are much more familiar with the car and Tesla than the genera public. I'm hoping to get something on a big site like Engadget and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll definitely try!
    Another videoevent to look out for!

You are Tesla's video-communication official?

Ha, no... didn't mean to discourage, I love your videos! The more the better. But your mission of showing "what you get when you take delivery of your car" (at the factory, presumably), is somewhat impossible (or at least compromised) if you can't take video of the tour. My point only was that the rest of what happens at delivery is either boring (filling out paperwork) or already known (car walk-through... and YOUR videos do as good a job of this as the DS's do!). So I didn't mean to rain on the parade... go for it, just want people to know what they'll get if there's no tour video. It's like saying you want to show people what it's like to be a pilot and not being able to show flying a plane or any of the inside of the plane... only showing the pre-flight briefing in a conference room. May be interesting, but it's not the best part.
    Roadster 2.0 Sport #502: Fusion Red w/Black, CF accent panels. adjustable suspension, HID upgrade, OVMS module.
    Model S #1299 (Reservation #R433, delivered 12/1/12.) P85, Black with tan leather and obeche wood gloss, 19" wheels, pano roof, tech pkg, sound studio pkg, air suspension, twin chargers
    Model X (Reservation #6034, Reserved 9/30/13)

Thank you JCSTP - I had always wanted to watch that. It made my delivery (hopefully this weekend) that much more appreciated.

Thread Information