Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tesla narrowly cash flow positive last week

Tesla narrowly cash flow positive last week

From @elonmusk in the Twitter-verse:

Am happy to report that Tesla was narrowly cash flow positive last week. Continued improvement expected through year end.

Model S5,651, Model X109
    Just saw that myself. Impressive. That confirms what I've been suspecting about the volume of deliveries last week. Now the question will be if they can keep it up. I'm guessing yes!
    Model S Performance, VIN 02595. Blue, Tan, Matte Obeche. Best car I've ever driven.

P85 & 40kw
    Very good news.. yet another milestone. Getting to the Production deliveries was needed to get cashflow positive. Sigs already had 40K deposits so they need to get past that.

Could Tesla get into trouble with the SCE from the fact that Musk puts this type of info out on Twitter? I ask this since it seems that there are some strict regulations about how, where and when information about finances, future prospects etc. can and should me made public when a company is traded on the public market.
    Models S EU P#389 - P85 blue, twin chargers, pano roof, 19" wheels, tech pack, security pack, winter pack, black leather interior. Delivered Sept 5th 2013. - Model X EU P#5 reservation -

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Could Tesla get into trouble with the SCE from the fact that Musk puts this type of info out on Twitter? I ask this since it seems that there are some strict regulations about how, where and when information about finances, future prospects etc. can and should me made public when a company is traded on the public market.
    He's pretty careful in interviews about what he talks about during "quiet periods" as far as stock. I'd guess he knows when he can tweet or not. That's not to say he won't accidentally get it wrong one day, but he's acting with pretty good knowledge of the rules.

SSL #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    There is a certain time within X days or weeks of their SEC filings where they can't make some announcements. I am guessing they are well outside of this now.

This tweet is also being discussed in the investors thread:

TSLA Investor Discussions - Page 386

(and following pages)
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Which came first? This tweet or the WP article on an investigation? That is, which was a reaction to which?

Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    Which came first? This tweet or the WP article on an investigation? That is, which was a reaction to which?
    The tweet came two hours after the article. That's not to say it was a reaction, given that the article doesn't really reveal anything. It was also written by the Washington Times, not the Post.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Here's the Bloomberg article.

Thread Information