Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tesla production update on delayed options (40kWh, 60kWh, standard suspension, red)

Surprised a s/w jenyus there can't make an 85 emulate a 60 or 40 for the purpose of the test drives. Basically just limit the current to the motor, and maybe give fake range readings.

Blog Entries
    They probably could - but would anyone feel satisfied that it was *exactly* the same as a 60kWh or 40kWh battery? (You've been reading this forum, right?)

PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian H View Post
    Surprised a s/w jenyus there can't make an 85 emulate a 60 or 40 for the purpose of the test drives. Basically just limit the current to the motor, and maybe give fake range readings.
    I had a similar thought on the Perf vs. non-Perf, that it'd be cool if they'd configure test drive perfs with a mode to behave like a non-perf for comparison purposes.

Elaborating...
    Model S Options Pricing | Tesla Motors
    Name:  PeakMotor.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  22.1 KB

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the numbers, but I don't think you can make a P85 properly emulate an 85. More specifically, the 85 tops out at 9,500 RPM but the P85 tops out at 8,600 RPM.
    Last edited by brianman; 2012-12-07 at 12:22 PM.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Yeah, I guess I'm assuming that accel responsiveness is what most would be interested in, and range. Those should not be too difficult. Although the improved MGPe for the 60 would be an issue ...

Thread Information