Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Tesla production update on delayed options (40kWh, 60kWh, standard suspension, red)

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunniii View Post
    Yes. I will probably cancel now. I'm not going to commit to a 40Kw car without the opportunity to drive one and seeing as how they are telling me to commit before 31 Dec, before I can drive one or know that EPA stuff or...
    Yea, that really bugs me. As an 85, I'm not affected, but it seems pretty lame to ask folks to make the $5k non-refundable without offering test drives or releasing performance information.

  2. #12
    Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston MA, USA
    Posts
    5,206
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunniii View Post
    Yes. I will probably cancel now. I'm not going to commit to a 40Kw car without the opportunity to drive one and seeing as how they are telling me to commit before 31 Dec, before I can drive one or know that EPA stuff or...
    No need to cancel; just wait for the information you need to decide.

  3. #13
    40kWh Model S P6415 zdre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    Yea, that really bugs me. As an 85, I'm not affected, but it seems pretty lame to ask folks to make the $5k non-refundable without offering test drives or releasing performance information.
    I am not happy about this either. One of the reasons that I have not finalized yet is because the EPA estimates are not available for 40 kWh. Tesla needs to release the specs before the price increase goes into effect.

  4. #14
    Senior Member brianman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TMC.com
    Posts
    11,067
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunniii View Post
    Yes. I will probably cancel now. I'm not going to commit to a 40Kw car without the opportunity to drive one and seeing as how they are telling me to commit before 31 Dec, before I can drive one or know that EPA stuff or...
    Just another option to consider...
    If your number is coming up soon, consider finding a buyer for a Performance model at $150K or so and make a quick buck. Then put down your reservation again so you have more time.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

    PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

  5. #15
    ERIC VFX vfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CA CA
    Posts
    14,796
    Maybe Tesla could send a firmware upgrade to all the dealer's cars across the country. A Tesla employee could program set the car it "simulated 60" or "faux 40" speeds. customers could get an idea anyway.
    The world loves to be deceived.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    1,106
    Note that they aren't planning to even provide 40 or 60 kWh test drives until at least a couple months after they're shipping them. So if you want a test drive before finalizing, you should cancel and rereserve. This is from the Tesla Bulletin Board:

    Our plan for at least the next six months is to continue offering test drives in only 85 kWh versions of Model S. The reasoning behind this is that we are able to offer many more test drives each day with the range of an 85 kWh battery than with 40 or 60 kWh versions.

  7. #17
    Taking delivery in about 30 minutes.

    Live photos attempt.

  8. #18
    Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston MA, USA
    Posts
    5,206
    Well, I see your coffee cup....

  9. #19
    Senior Member strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by gregincal View Post
    Note that they aren't planning to even provide 40 or 60 kWh test drives until at least a couple months after they're shipping them. So if you want a test drive before finalizing, you should cancel and rereserve.
    That's what I would do. Cancel your current reservation and then reserve again on like 12/30 with the hope that you can test drive a 40 before you are asked to configure.
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

  10. #20
    Senior Member kevincwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunniii View Post
    Yes. I will probably cancel now. I'm not going to commit to a 40Kw car without the opportunity to drive one and seeing as how they are telling me to commit before 31 Dec, before I can drive one or know that EPA stuff or...
    Understandable.

    Option would be to cancel and reserve on 12/31 or something like that to get back in the queue.

    But consider this: are you in the market for an 85 kWh or a 60 kWh version. If no, then how close to the stated range/acceleration of the 40 MS would it have to be before you would consider not getting it at all? 10% 25%

    I have a feeling the 40 MS is going to drive and feel just like the others with the exception of acceleration. You knew that to be the case.
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Supercharging Hardware now standard on 60kwh Model S
    By AnOutsider in forum Model S: Battery & Charging
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 07:53 AM
  2. 60kwh and 40kwh specs?
    By SoCalGuy in forum Model S: Driving Dynamics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 11:24 AM
  3. 60 kWh Model Production Delayed
    By Ceilidh in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 06:32 AM
  4. Is anyone else having trouble deciding between 40kWh and 60kWh?
    By Bardlebee in forum Model S: Battery & Charging
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 05:52 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •