Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daily Mail - VP12 in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
The green sports car powered by mobile phone batteries that's faster than a Lotus | the Daily Mail

Nothing particularly new here. Some reporter test drives the Roadster in the UK. (Surprise!!) She enjoys it.
Includes some nice shots of VP12 with Euro plates.

car1505_468x325.jpg

car1505_468x302.jpg

Yeah I've seen that Alfa-Romeo in Norway as well and that position does actually look better than the Roadster one which looks horrible. I still can't understand why the designers don't automatically create rooms for the license plates in their street legal designs? The rear license plate in the picture f. inst. looks pretty cool actually. It's just the front plate which is really bad...

Cobos

Last edited:
OOPS!!
Testing times for car maker as Boycott goes for a spin

In theory it's a PR man's wet dream – on Friday the 'Daily Mail' ran a full right-hand-page op-ed article singing the praises of eco sports car manufacturer Tesla. But the puff will have come at a price. Tesla executives must have had their hearts in their mouths as they handed over the keys of the £78k car to Rosie Boycott, whom the 'Mail' had sent out for the "exclusive test drive". Rosie has a chequered motoring history, having been banned from driving for three years in 2003 after crashing on the A303, injuring another driver. The previous day she had been stopped for drink-driving. Luckily her battle with the bottle is over, but insuring the old gal can't have been cheap.
car1505_468x325.jpg

Actually, now that I think about it... This is probably just sour grapes from The Independent.

Last edited:
I think the roadster would look good with a square-type plate on the front (i.e. white version of the rear one). I've seen several Honda S2000s with this and it suits them.

On another note, I find it strange that the Daily Mail put this in their "femail" section. Are they saying this is a girls' car?

Are they saying this is a girls' car?

Ah what a merry can of worms you've opened here!

Rosie Boycott is a Mail staff writer with quite a wide brief within the Femail section.

ROSIE BOYCOTT | Search Results | Mail Online

But now you mention it, British ladies do seem to have different tastes in cars:-

It's The Ladies Car - The Hyundai That's Sexier Than A Porsche!

Something which tends to cause angst amongst the fellas :smile:

Standard SLK - Ratio of female to male owners? [Archive] - MBClub Forums

BTW, welcome to the forum

Last edited: