Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call for photos of front plate mountings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are threads about front plate issues already but it will be good if we can have a thread that shows photos only. Please use this thread to post photos only. Please include factory, skene, custom, zip ties, Velcro, show and go etc. This thread with photos will be very helpful for new owners to see what options they have. Thanks all!

In the delivery questionnaire, it says if you change your mind on installing the plate after you decided not to, you can go to the service center and they will install it. I am sure you can ask for the bracket from the service center too.
Good to know. Oddly the machine lady answered with "We're closed today" for Seattle, Denver, and the other 4 service centers I called.

My plates haven't arrived from IL yet, so all I have is the cardboard temp on the back only. Even when I get the front I'm considering not installing it until I'm asked to kindly by an officer of the law.

Sorry, I don't have a non-factory mount photo. But perhaps to get the ball rolling, here is the default front plate mounting using Tesla's license plate holder:

IMG_5350.JPG

Why yes, I did just wash the car; thank you for noticing.

I have my Roadster plate in a non-factory spot. And I agree it would be better to not have a front plate at all (or to have one of the options that hides away and pops out, so you can have the best of both worlds). But given the alternatives on the front of the S, and that I don't want to block the air intakes, I think it's fine where Tesla put it.

Last edited:
Thanks, ChadS. Given the change to the nose cone for General Production, the Tesla-installed bracket should look a little different. Someone mentioned elsewhere that the bracket designed for the Sig nose cone doesn't work well for GP.

Love that "100% Electric", "Plug in America" frame! Where can I order it?!

- - - Updated - - -

Found the frame here!

http://www.cafepress.com/pluginamerica/7661550

I got the Black Twinkie EZ Pass (Teslachusetts) and tied this through the top of the plate with black plastic ties (what are those called?, buy the 14 inch ones as it make sit much easier. You then cut them so there is no extra tie left). The ties go thru the front grill. Looks pretty great and I gotta post a pic...is low and looks fast.