Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call for photos of front plate mountings

Call for photos of front plate mountings

I know there are threads about front plate issues already but it will be good if we can have a thread that shows photos only. Please use this thread to post photos only. Please include factory, skene, custom, zip ties, Velcro, show and go etc. This thread with photos will be very helpful for new owners to see what options they have. Thanks all!

I realized an hour or so ago that I don't seem to have my front plate bracket/holder. Even with the "don't install it" option, I believe I was supposed to get the holder...
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

In the delivery questionnaire, it says if you change your mind on installing the plate after you decided not to, you can go to the service center and they will install it. I am sure you can ask for the bracket from the service center too.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lau View Post
    In the delivery questionnaire, it says if you change your mind on installing the plate after you decided not to, you can go to the service center and they will install it. I am sure you can ask for the bracket from the service center too.
    Good to know. Oddly the machine lady answered with "We're closed today" for Seattle, Denver, and the other 4 service centers I called.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Does no one have photos of the front plates in a non-factory installation?

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    My plates haven't arrived from IL yet, so all I have is the cardboard temp on the back only. Even when I get the front I'm considering not installing it until I'm asked to kindly by an officer of the law.

I would love to see the mount if anyone has the Skene front plate bracket system on their S. I have the brackets in my garage awaiting the car. If nobody posts before me, I will post it when it's on my car.

Cheers.
    Grey, Grey Leather, Piano Black, 60 kWh battery, Air Suspension, Standard Audio, Pano Roof, Tech package, Jump Seats, Supercharging, Twin Chargers, 19" Wheels
    P 912 / VIN 5YJSA1DG5DFP03541 Factory delivery 1/26/13

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't have a non-factory mount photo. But perhaps to get the ball rolling, here is the default front plate mounting using Tesla's license plate holder:

Name:  IMG_5350.JPG
Views: 2146
Size:  212.8 KB

Why yes, I did just wash the car; thank you for noticing.

I have my Roadster plate in a non-factory spot. And I agree it would be better to not have a front plate at all (or to have one of the options that hides away and pops out, so you can have the best of both worlds). But given the alternatives on the front of the S, and that I don't want to block the air intakes, I think it's fine where Tesla put it.
    Last edited by ChadS; 2013-01-06 at 02:32 PM.
    Roadster #690; Model S #112; Model X Reserved Plug In America How to plan a road trip - how long will it take?

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Thanks, ChadS. Given the change to the nose cone for General Production, the Tesla-installed bracket should look a little different. Someone mentioned elsewhere that the bracket designed for the Sig nose cone doesn't work well for GP.

Love that "100% Electric", "Plug in America" frame! Where can I order it?!

- - - Updated - - -

Found the frame here!

http://www.cafepress.com/pluginamerica/7661550
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

@WattUp sent me these photos of his Skene bracket mounting and gave me permission to post:

Name:  SkeneFrontLicense (1).jpg
Views: 495
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  SkeneFrontLicense (3).jpg
Views: 460
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  SkeneFrontLicense (4).jpg
Views: 543
Size:  64.4 KB

These are where the screws are - 2 small ones:
    Name:  SkeneFrontLicense (screws).jpg
Views: 462