Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attack on Willow Springs Event (FREE driving clinic, lunch, and raffle prizes)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

capn

Nov 30, 2012
LAX
Attack on Willow Springs Raceway Event (FREE driving clinic, lunch, and raffle prizes)

UPDATE LOG:
11/27/12: This is a meet which includes a one hour free driving clinic (lap parade and car control skid pad), free lunch, and free raffle drawing *** THIS IS NOT A FREE TRACK DAY *** If you'd like to participate in the running the entire track the whole day see above for registration information.

11/28/12: Willow Springs Raceway charges a $10 entrance fee.

11/29/12: If you'd like an e-mail reminder for the event please send an e-mail to [email protected]. The subject should be "Event Notification" and you can leave the body of the e-mail blank.

11/30/12: The "driving clinic" will consist of a parade lap around the track (driving behind a pace car) and the car control skid pad will be done on dry ground (no watering trucks). NOTE: a helmet is required any time when you use the track and skid pad. It's $10 a day to rent helmets (I suggest you bring your own SNELL approved helmets or borrow one).
What:
Attack on Willow Springs Raceway (FREE driving clinic, lunch, and raffle prizes)

When:
December 30, 2012, Sunday 6:45am.
Where:
Albertson's Shopping Center
38727 Tierra Subida Avenue
Palmdale, CA 93550
Venue:
Willow Springs Raceway
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560
My name is Amer and I'm proud to present "Attack on Willow Springs Raceway" an event hosted by Extreme Speed Track Events for car enthusiasts. This is an early and long event but I guarantee it will be a lot of fun! The goal here is to make this a SAFE and MEMORABLE event. Please follow this thread for updates to the event, this is a rain or shine event.
We will be meeting at the Alberton's shopping center parking lot in Palmdale and taking a group caravan up to Willow Springs Raceway. If you can't make the caravan you can head up to Willow Springs Raceway directly. Some of the highlights of this event will include:
- Meet fellow car enthusiasts.
- 30 mile group caravan drive to the event.
- Receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win prizes.
- Enjoy lunch on-site.
- Participate in a controlled driving clinic.
- Watch, learn and interact with racers at Streets of Willow (safest track in California for beginners).
And the best part is everything mentioned above is FREE.
ATTENTION:
If you are interested in attending please reply to this thread with the following information with your first name and year/make/model of your vehicle.
COLLECTING RAFFLE TICKETS:
The only way to collect a FREE raffle ticket is by arriving at Willow Springs Raceway parking lot at 7:15am and will be handed out until 7:45am. Only (1) raffle ticket per vehicle.
Timeline:
6:45am- Caravan meeting at Albertson's parking lot which leaves at 6:45am SHARP.
7:15am- Caravan arrives at Willow Springs Raceways and raffle tickets handed out.
8:15am- Drivers meet (only for those registered to run on the track).
8:30am- Track runs begin.
12:00 to 1:00pm- FREE Lunch and Driving Clinic (parade lap and car skid pad control)
3:00pm- Raffle Drawing.
5:00pm- End Of Event.
Over $500 in prizes:
A free raffle ticket will be given (one per vehicle) at 7:15am until 7:45am at Willow Springs Raceway parking lot.
- Track Day Certificates.
- Track Day Coupon Discounts.
- Digital tire pressure gauge.
- Track day shirts and hats.
- and more...
Attention vendors/sponsors:
If you are interested in donating raffle prizes please contact me before attending. Only vendors/sponsors who donate raffle prize(s) may setup at the event.
Overnight stay information:
Hampton Inn & Suites Lancaster will provide special discounted rates for guest who mention "Extreme Speed".
The discount includes daily breakfast, access to house amenities such as indoor pool & spa, business center, fitness center. Visit Lancaster Hotels | Hampton Inn & Suites Lancaster | Lancaster, CA for more details.
Rules:
- Please obey all traffic laws.
- Please respect Albertson's parking lot.
- Please do not do any wreckless driving/burnouts.
- Please respect fellow car enthusiats and track officials.
- Please clean-up after yourselves.
- Please have fun
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I can't make it to the caravan, can I directly go to Willow Springs Raceway?
Yes you can.
Q: Do I have to pay anything to attend this event?
Absolutely NOT because this event is hosted by Extreme Speed Track Events for car enthusiasts. We do have sponsors providing amenties and prizes for us so anything we can do to support them is welcomed but not required. If you are interested in running the entire track that day it will be an additional cost, you can learn more here: Extreme Speed Track Events
Q: Will we be racing on the track?
No, however Extreme Speed will be providing some time for us to take advantage of their controlled driving clinic for FREE. If you are interested in running the entire track it will be an additional cost, you can learn more here: Extreme Speed Track Events
Q: I'm coming from San Francisco/San Diego/etc, is there a hotel nearby? Any discounts provided for people attending the event?
Please see the paragraph above labeled "overnight stay information".
Q: I have a comment/question/concern, how can I contact you directly?
The best way to contact me is via e-mail at [email protected]
Q: Where else have you posted this event?
I've posted in most of the major car enthusiast forums like 6speed, MBWorld, Bimmer Forums, M5board, NSX Prime, Lotus Talk, Audizine, GTR Life, Corvette Forum, etc.
Q: Can I post this event somewhere else or tell my friends and family about it?
You can tell your friends, family, neighbors, etc. If you are posting this information in a public area such as another forum, website, etc. please e-mail me beforehand at [email protected]

Q: Any other advice you can provide?
This is a whole day of fun so bring sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, easy-ups, folding chairs, snacks, drinks etc. This will be like going to the beach with a whole bunch of cars, tarmac, and fun but without all the sand

I know this is a spamish post but.

Q. Where do Tesla's plug in?

Albertson's? Hotel? Track?

I've posted in most of the major car enthusiast forums like 6speed, MBWorld, Bimmer Forums, M5board, NSX Prime, Lotus Talk, Audizine, GTR Life, Corvette Forum, etc.

Nice to be included though.

Hello folks,

I want to see if anyone is interested in a track day I'm putting together at Autoclub Speedway in Fontana this August. The regular price is $230 for the day but I can get us a discount if we get enough people going. For more information and to register please do so at our new website www.eurotopian.com, so far we've got 650+ register users.

Thank you,

Amer