Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 60KWH roll-in - B5 theory: they won't do it til after Jan1

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Thanks, Kip. Sorry that I was complicit in dragging you and your family into this cesspool too!

If the TMC admins can make it happen, I'd like to change my handle to gg_once_wanted_a_tesla_real_bad_but_now_just_wants_to_get_it_over_with
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.9 (1.51.94), 23,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    Thanks, Kip. Sorry that I was complicit in dragging you and your family into this cesspool too!

If the TMC admins can make it happen, I'd like to change my handle to gg_once_wanted_a_tesla_real_bad_but_now_just_wants_to_get_it_over_with
    LOL!!
    Model S 60kWh, Catalina white, white roof, tan, obeche gloss, tech, 19", air suspension, twin chargers, supercharger access, rear jump seats, parcel shelf. VIN 3606

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    The 40 and 60 kWh cars appear to be a gateway EVs in order to get you hooked and asking for the 85 kWh model. Hope it works out for you how you want gg.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Hmmmmmmm. Frustrating that TMCs Left Hand still has no idea what the Right is doing. I would have thought that by now they would have got the idea that this is extremely irritating to their customers. George B. : Take a hint. FIX THIS ISSUE.

Would be much easier to deal with certain delays than uncertain ones in limbo. I also frankly cannot afford an 85 kWh battery, but having placed my reservation the first week or so that they were available about 3 1/2 years ago, I will reiterate that this feels like not so much love for being an early supporter. The more that Tesla jerks people around, the worse their reputation will be. As a shareholder, this worries me. It seems like they could have fixed this by now. They have had months to correct the issue of inconsistent disseminated information. Ugh.

I too have a dying car that I would have just been rid of and now will need to fork out a bunch of extra cash to repair first then sell whenever Tesla decides to make my car. I'm not so sure they have any intention of hurrying up on the 60 kWh batteries because it seems to me that if these customers were a priority equal with the 85 kWh customers, then as soon as the EPA had certified the battery, it should have entered the production line.

The tray is the same size in the end. How much harder can it be to fit the same sized tray into the production sequence? They have the most advanced robots in the world. Come on now. Something here is not adding up.

Still excited for the car, but as a Tesla fan due to being an Earth lover rather than to keep up with the Joneses, each day more with an ICE car is another day my great great great great grandchildren will have to deal with the atmospheric mess they inherit, partially on my account.

Cheers.
    Grey, Grey Leather, Piano Black, 60 kWh battery, Air Suspension, Standard Audio, Pano Roof, Tech package, Jump Seats, Supercharging, Twin Chargers, 19" Wheels
    P 912 / VIN 5YJSA1DG5DFP03541 Factory delivery 1/26/13

p6652
    Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    Yes, Kip! These are the mantras that I'm swearing by as well.

Those rich suckers fell for the 300-mile-range carrot and forked out atleast $8k-$10k more to subsidize Tesla's business/existence for the rest of us
    i felt similar and thought there is no reason to get the 85kw vs the 60kw but do feel as though the performance is a good deal. look at audi, the a6 vs the s6 is over a 17k difference!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilidh View Post
    Hmmmmmmm. Frustrating that TMCs Left Hand still has no idea what the Right is doing. I would have thought that by now they would have got the idea that this is extremely irritating to their customers. George B. : Take a hint. FIX THIS ISSUE.

Would be much easier to deal with certain delays than uncertain ones in limbo. I also frankly cannot afford an 85 kWh battery, but having placed my reservation the first week or so that they were available about 3 1/2 years ago, I will reiterate that this feels like not so much love for being an early supporter. The more that Tesla jerks people around, the worse their reputation will be. As a shareholder, this worries me. It seems like they could have fixed this by now. They have had months to correct the issue of inconsistent disseminated information. Ugh.

I too have a dying car that I would have just been rid of and now will need to fork out a bunch of extra cash to repair first then sell whenever Tesla decides to make my car. I'm not so sure they have any intention of hurrying up on the 60 kWh batteries because it seems to me that if these customers were a priority equal with the 85 kWh customers, then as soon as the EPA had certified the battery, it should have entered the production line.

The tray is the same size in the end. How much harder can it be to fit the same sized tray into the production sequence? They have the most advanced robots in the world. Come on now. Something here is not adding up.

Still excited for the car, but as a Tesla fan due to being an Earth lover rather than to keep up with the Joneses, each day more with an ICE car is another day my great great great great grandchildren will have to deal with the atmospheric mess they inherit, partially on my account.

Cheers.
    Ceilidh
    Well said

p6652
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    So CAN we switch? I was under the impression that it wasn't possible to make the change anymore?

i called a couple days ago and switched from the 60kw to the performance and they were eager to help. no update on delivery though, but i told them i really would like it this year.

It does seem strange that they would keep full speed on the 85s, with it seeming like they have built almost all that are on order. Perhaps they'll be building 85s for EU or something if they run out for US.

i'm still holding out hope that tesla is just being conservative in their communication here and will see something by early Feb.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the complete production time from start to finish for a Model S at this point? Does it really take 5 weeks to put a car from start to finish through the assembly line? I understand that some things may take a couple days, like baking the paint coats and such, but I cannot imagine that a single car takes 5 weeks at this stage of the game.

So if the 60 kWh batteries enter into production "in early January," then why would it be February before someone could pick one up at the Factory? By now, they have the sequence down, the checks are in place, the quality controls, etc. As I said above, I really don't think that building the 85 is all that different from the 60 when it comes down to assembling a car. And we know that they already have done it. The EPA needed a full production version to test for their certifications.

Perhaps there are many things I don't know about the auto industry. Perhaps there are many things about which I am naive and if I knew them then I would get this. But if that was the case, then Tesla could post a blog entry about the details of what the deal is with the 60 sized batteries.

I don't need to have my car first. But what is happening here is the same sensation as waiting a long time in line and then someone who thinks for some reason that they are more important cuts in line ahead of you. Except in this case, it is like everyone in line behind me cut in line ahead of me when I was one of the first in line. Life ain't fair, but this is a particularly good example of that concept.

Cheers.
    Grey, Grey Leather, Piano Black, 60 kWh battery, Air Suspension, Standard Audio, Pano Roof, Tech package, Jump Seats, Supercharging, Twin Chargers, 19" Wheels
    P 912 / VIN 5YJSA1DG5DFP03541 Factory delivery 1/26/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilidh View Post

Cheers.
    I have the same feeling and have been trying to hold it in for a while now...
    From Tesla's perspective, revenue is their top priority and 85 kWh provides that. But from customer's perspective, it sure seems like a typical bait-and-switch! I got lured in with a $49,000 advertised sticker but the only way to get an S today is to fork over another $20k for a 85 kWh. There is no reason to delay another two or three months before start delivering 60 kWh cars. Enough is enough...
    Sorry for sounding negative - it's more about frustration than anything else.

Thread Information