Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 60KWH roll-in - B5 theory: they won't do it til after Jan1

60KWH roll-in - B5 theory: they won't do it til after Jan1

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    I'm right there with you <about wanting 60's to hurry and be approved>. But as long as they are delivering all the 85s that are ahead of us in line I still see this as progress.
    Perhaps, but I think that they won't even think of the 60s before the end of the year, even if everything was approved.

Here's why: anything different might slow the factory, and they want to blow their delivery estimate for the end of the year out of the water - therefore reduce the risk, and ship 4K or more. It drives their stock price up early next year when they announce beating expectations.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Thoughts?

p.s. - I want to be wrong about this, reeally i do... <sigh>
    Last edited by Babylonfive; 2012-11-29 at 04:55 PM. Reason: ps
    [/B][/URL] Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

I'll take a couple week delay for a long term positive impact on stock price!
    Model S 60kWh, Catalina white, white roof, tan, obeche gloss, tech, 19", air suspension, twin chargers, supercharger access, rear jump seats, parcel shelf. VIN 3606

I agree with the conclusion: no chance of getting 60s this year. But if we can get to January and everyone ahead of us has their cars already then at least we don't have to wait til Feb. Sure would like to see my car sometime in Jan.
    P3,339: 60 kWh, blue/gray/lacewood, 19 inch wheels, tech package, sound package, air suspension
    Delivered: February 8, 2013

P#3867
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    I agree with the conclusion: no chance of getting 60s this year. But if we can get to January and everyone ahead of us has their cars already then at least we don't have to wait til Feb. Sure would like to see my car sometime in Jan.
    yeah - i figure once they start producing the 60's, those of us under 5k reservation number should get em pretty quick - can't imagine there's that many of us. Here's to early january!

I've been told there is a reasonable chance of getting my 60KW this year, but it may end up in January. I think they'd like to ship a few so they can say it's in production, if they do make some this year and how many, that's still unclear. No VIN yet. (P236).

Quote Originally Posted by vcor View Post
    I've been told there is a reasonable chance of getting my 60KW this year, but it may end up in January. I think they'd like to ship a few so they can say it's in production, if they do make some this year and how many, that's still unclear. No VIN yet. (P236).
    You've got the lowest 60kWh # I've seen yet. I'm pulling for you to get it this year. And welcome to posting!
    P3,339: 60 kWh, blue/gray/lacewood, 19 inch wheels, tech package, sound package, air suspension
    Delivered: February 8, 2013

Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    My money is still for 60's to ship in the Fall. So what is the last day of Fall again?

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonfive View Post
    Perhaps, but I think that they won't even think of the 60s before the end of the year, even if everything was approved.

Here's why: anything different might slow the factory, and they want to blow their delivery estimate for the end of the year out of the water - therefore reduce the risk, and ship 4K or more. It drives their stock price up early next year when they announce beating expectations.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Thoughts?

p.s. - I want to be wrong about this, reeally i do... <sigh>

I agree. I think they will start a production this quarter and deliver a couple so they can report a milestone on next earnings report.

P3446

60 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 60! I sent an email to tesla also to see if they'd get any info on production ETA for my 60 (P3081)

hopefully we'll at least get a timeline for 60 production start to get something to string us along a little longer. (and selfishly hope that they don't deliver too many >3000 before I get mine )

Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    @aimberg, you are right after me and just down the street (I'm in Issaquah), I'd bet we get ours at the same time, maybe in a delivery party, thanks for sending off an email to TM!

Thread Information