Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch Screen Reference Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my car today! Yahoo!!! :biggrin: The car came without the owner's manual and the Touch Screen Reference Guide. Thanks to folks on this forum, (Bonnie), I found the owner's manual on line. Now I need to find the Touch Screen Reference Guide. Any suggestions?

There's a touch screen reference guide? Just use these vids :smile:

Tesla Model S Touch Screen - YouTube
Tesla Model S Instrument Cluster - YouTube
Tesla Model S 1.15.8 Changes - YouTube
Tesla Model S Nav (turn-by-turn) - YouTube

Ah heck, just watch all my videos LOL: Ben Goodwin - YouTube

I just noticed that your videos are for the model S. I have a 2008 roadster, you don't happen to videos for that do you?
Thanks

:redface: I completely missed this was in the Roadster forum. I assumed you meant the Model S.
I don't have anything for the Roadster's screen, no. Though that screen is almost self-explanatory by comparison :smile:

I finally got my car today! Yahoo!!! :biggrin: The car came without the owner's manual and the Touch Screen Reference Guide. Thanks to folks on this forum, (Bonnie), I found the owner's manual on line. Now I need to find the Touch Screen Reference Guide. Any suggestions?

Pretty sure that I've never seen a reference guide for the touch screen. I found this forum originally because I couldn't figure a couple of things out (like how to pair my phone). I think TMC is your reference guide :).

I don't have anything for the Roadster's screen, no. Though that screen is almost self-explanatory by comparison :smile:

Yes.

(a) I don't think there is such a thing
(b) the only things that aren't obvious from just going through the menus are:
1. If you touch the battery bar in the main screen, it cycles through standard, performance and range modes (but will reset to standard when you open the charge port door)
2. In the kWh/m graph screen, when you touch it, it cycles through 5/10/30 miles (but the estimated range is always based on the last 40 miles I think!)
3. Maybe other things I haven't found...

The one thing I found less than obvious is when some of the screens are available.
I could not find the screen showing tire pressures until I read on TMC that you have to have the car in park and the parking brake on.
You can leave it on that screen and drive, but you cannot bring that screen up unless in park with the parking brake.

Sounds good, thank you Bonnie.

Pretty sure that I've never seen a reference guide for the touch screen. I found this forum originally because I couldn't figure a couple of things out (like how to pair my phone). I think TMC is your reference guide :).

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

Yes.

(a) I don't think there is such a thing
(b) the only things that aren't obvious from just going through the menus are:
1. If you touch the battery bar in the main screen, it cycles through standard, performance and range modes (but will reset to standard when you open the charge port door)
2. In the kWh/m graph screen, when you touch it, it cycles through 5/10/30 miles (but the estimated range is always based on the last 40 miles I think!)
3. Maybe other things I haven't found...

- - - Updated - - -

Outstanding! Thank you much.

for a roadster 2.0 but should be about the same for a 1.5
2010 Roadster Touchscreen Walkthrough -

3 more videos by the same folks deal with interior, exterior, and charging
Congrats on your new roadster
2010 Roadster Interior Walkthrough - YouTube
2010 Roadster Exterior Walkthrough - YouTube
2010 Roadster Charging Walkthrough - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Bryan.

Art

The one thing I found less than obvious is when some of the screens are available.
I could not find the screen showing tire pressures until I read on TMC that you have to have the car in park and the parking brake on.
You can leave it on that screen and drive, but you cannot bring that screen up unless in park with the parking brake.

Revolving this old thread: as a new 1.5 Roadster owner I am reading the Owners Manual (as a PDF, a print copy did not come with my car) which repeatedly refers to the " Touch Screen Users Manual". But this thread seems to be saying there is no such thing. I'm baffled. Why would Tesla reference a manual that supposedly came with the car, but in fact doesn't exist?

I am trying to figure out if I have the Electronics Package option and can pair my phone to the car via Bluetooth, and how to program the key to remotely open the trunk or my garage door (I realize it can only do one or the other, not both). The Owners Manual does not explain how to do these things as near as I can tell.

Last edited:
Revolving this old thread: as a new 1.5 Roadster owner I am reading the Owners Manual (as a PDF, a print copy did not come with my car) which repeatedly refers to the " Touch Screen Users Manual". But this thread seems to be saying there is no such thing. I'm baffled. Why would Tesla reference a manual that supposedly came with the car, but in fact doesn't exist?

I am trying to figure out if I have the Electronics Package option and can pair my phone to the car via Bluetooth. The Owners Manual does not explain how to do the, as near as I can tell.

Which radio do you have? The KD-NXD505 ? If so, yes, you should have bluetooth stuff, but the JVC menus are pretty arcane to get to it.

I am trying to figure out if I have the Electronics Package option and can pair my phone to the car via Bluetooth, and how to program the key to remotely open the trunk or my garage door (I realize it can only do one or the other, not both). The Owners Manual does not explain how to do these things as near as I can tell.

Happy to report that it does exist and I received one when I bought my Roadster (Thanks Ed! He saved everything.). I will try to get it scanned later today.
TouchScreen Users Manual.JPG

Manual is scanned. Currently it's 20 pdf's together in a 2mb zip file. Anyone who is interested in getting a copy pm me. Likewise, anyone who has the knowledge/inclination to tie the multiple pdf's together into one pdf and post them as a link so anyone here can get to it in the future, pm me and it's your baby.

Manual is scanned. Currently it's 20 pdf's together in a 2mb zip file. Anyone who is interested in getting a copy pm me. Likewise, anyone who has the knowledge/inclination to tie the multiple pdf's together into one pdf and post them as a link so anyone here can get to it in the future, pm me and it's your baby.

There is a copy of that manual for the 2.0 here Tesla Roadster Manuals (Tesla_Roadster_2_2S-Touch_Screen_Users_Manual.pdf).

Which radio do you have? The KD-NXD505 ? If so, yes, you should have bluetooth stuff, but the JVC menus are pretty arcane to get to it.

Thanks to everyone including bobinfla for the great response to my request. I now have the touchscreen manual for my 1.5.

And I figured out how to connect my iPhone 6 to the JVC via Buietooth and can now make and receive phone calls. The JVC menus are indeed a bit cryptic

Still figuring out how to play music on my iPhone through the cars speakers, am discussing that in the thread I started introducing myself as a new Roadster owner.

Thanks to all!