Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do all the numbers mean??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN is just a unique identifier for your reservation - it has no particular order.

The S/R/P number is your reservation sequence number, which roughly determines in what order the cars are delivered. The S's are delivered first, followed by R's, followed by P's.

S is for Signature reservations - people who volunteered to pay more for the car and put in a bigger deposit, in order to get the car early with a "signature" badge and an "exclusive" option for interior and exterior colors.

R is for "Roadster Friends and Family" - Roadster owners who have Model S reservations get their cars after Signature but before General Production (and in the early days Roadster owners could also get their family on the list)

P is the general production reservation number.

Im confused with all the P numbers, S numbers, R numbers, reservation numbers, sequence numbers, etc..what does it all mean? i am sequence number 66xx and RN301633...what does that even mean? didnt realize RN#s were in the 300ks ...explanations appreciated!

No offense meant :), but when I saw the thread title, I had to go look at this video again. But what does it meaaannnn? Enjoy!
<em>

(And thanks Doug for giving the requested info.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The S/R/P number is your reservation sequence number
You're looking for this number, dezi:

MyGarage1.png

You're looking for this number, dezi:

So, I have a reservation (got e-mail with Reservation Confirmation and Sequence numbers), but when I log in to My Tesla, all I see are my Saved Designs. There is no "My Garage" tab like you've shown. Why is this?

I also have been getting left out of Tesla's communications (i.e. Get Amped and Store Opening invites). Someone at Tesla said I had opted out of this stuff (I have no recollection of doing so), but they have since told me they changed that parameter on my profile so that I'll be included in future.

Weird.

So, I have a reservation (got e-mail with Reservation Confirmation and Sequence numbers), but when I log in to My Tesla, all I see are my Saved Designs. There is no "My Garage" tab like you've shown. Why is this?

I also have been getting left out of Tesla's communications (i.e. Get Amped and Store Opening invites). Someone at Tesla said I had opted out of this stuff (I have no recollection of doing so), but they have since told me they changed that parameter on my profile so that I'll be included in future.

Weird.

I haven't heard that one before. Do you have 'My Garage' now? If not, I wouldn't be sure the problem was fixed in other places.

Weird.

Sounds like you maybe have used a different mail address as an identifier between your initial sign-in account and that you reserved your car with. That happened to me the first couple of weeks when I had my roadster on order. I thought it strange that I had nothing that showed that I had ordered so I called them and problem resolved. I had initially signed into the TESLA site with one e-mail and that was saved in my computer so I was always automatically logged in with that address. But used another mail address that I gave the rep over the phone which he then used to administer my reservation........ Once solved I got the garage and everything else that the site has to offer.

I haven't heard that one before. Do you have 'My Garage' now? If not, I wouldn't be sure the problem was fixed in other places.

Nope, but somehow they do know I exist. I RSVP'd for an event (based on someone else telling me about it) and never heard back. When I showed up, I was on the list of guests (much to my relief, because I wasn't sure if I'd be turned away!).

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you maybe have used a different mail address as an identifier between your initial sign-in account and that you reserved your car with.

You might be on to something. I could possibly have done that. What did you do to fix it? Should I just try to set up another account on the Tesla site with the other e-mail address I might have used?

Nope, but somehow they do know I exist. I RSVP'd for an event (based on someone else telling me about it) and never heard back. When I showed up, I was on the list of guests (much to my relief, because I wasn't sure if I'd be turned away!).

- - - Updated - - -

You might be on to something. I could possibly have done that. What did you do to fix it? Should I just try to set up another account on the Tesla site with the other e-mail address I might have used?

Just try to log in with the other address you have and then go to the lost password and try put that mail address into the query and if it has been registered then you should be sent an e-mail with the reset password request..... then change and log in

I'm still confused. Back in December 2009, when I put down my deposit, I received this via email.

1497.jpg

I received my invitation to finalize several months ago, but sat on it for various reasons. I've finally finalized, and now see this:

141.jpg

So am I P1497 (as I've thought all along)? And if so, what, if anything, does the "141" signify?

Huh. Thanks. This is probably old news around here, but does that mean that a lot of people dropped out, or did the original sequence number not really mean anything (as I understand the current RN doesn't signify anything)?

Dang, I should have my car by now. Wish I hadn't stalled after getting that first "finalize" message back in July! I guess I let a few folks cut in line.

Huh. Thanks. This is probably old news around here, but does that mean that a lot of people dropped out, or did the original sequence number not really mean anything (as I understand the current RN doesn't signify anything)?

Dang, I should have my car by now. Wish I hadn't stalled after getting that first "finalize" message back in July! I guess I let a few folks cut in line.

Not sure why it says P141 now but people didn't really cut in line since you only have 30 days to finalize once you get that e-mail before you lose your place in line. Now that you've finalized, hopefully they'll just slide you in and get you the car as soon as they can but it would be after the other people who have already finalized I think.