Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Wait for the R

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
It's 5pm Central on 11/26/12. I'm R#77 and am hoping, somewhat optimistically, that I'll hear from my DS about my MVPA and estimated delivery of my Model S. It's a pretty basic layout (see my signature) so I wouldn't expect any particular production issues. The latest estimates suggest only a couple dozen US Signatures that have not yet been delivered and around 150 Canadian Sigs--but the posts at Teslamotors.com Bulletin Board suggest that there may well be simultaneous deliveries of the last Sigs and the earliest Rs and Ps.

I can't say I've noticed any R's on the TMC site that are lower than mine, but if you're out there, and get "the call", please post up in this thread so I can be anticipating the call as well.

It's 5pm Central on 11/26/12. I'm R#77 and am hoping, somewhat optimistically, that I'll hear from my DS about my MVPA and estimated delivery of my Model S. It's a pretty basic layout (see my signature) so I wouldn't expect any particular production issues. The latest estimates suggest only a couple dozen US Signatures that have not yet been delivered and around 150 Canadian Sigs--but the posts at Teslamotors.com Bulletin Board suggest that there may well be simultaneous deliveries of the last Sigs and the earliest Rs and Ps.

I can't say I've noticed any R's on the TMC site that are lower than mine, but if you're out there, and get "the call", please post up in this thread so I can be anticipating the call as well.

efusco - I am R123 and sitting in the same purgatory situation that you (and many others) describe. If anyone else out there who is a non-sig has heard from Tesla, let us know. The waiting is the hardest part.

Our config: Blue, 85kWh(non-perf), Tech, Air Suspension, Tan, 19", Matte Obeche, Parcel shelf.

Delivery window is Dec. 3-17, VIN is 5YJSA1DN5CFP01267, and I'm as giddy as a school girl!
Looks like a slew of emails went out tonight.

Very excited for you, Evan! I know you've waited a long time. It will be worth the wait. I've had my car almost a month now, and as I get used to it, I actually enjoy it more now than when I first got it. I'm more comfortable driving it, and getting used to all of the features and everything. I never looked forward to business trips, but now I'm bummed out every time I fly out of town and am anxious to get back to drive my car again, and see my wife and kids, not necessarily in that order! ;)

Very excited for you, Evan! I know you've waited a long time. It will be worth the wait. I've had my car almost a month now, and as I get used to it, I actually enjoy it more now than when I first got it. I'm more comfortable driving it, and getting used to all of the features and everything. I never looked forward to business trips, but now I'm bummed out every time I fly out of town and am anxious to get back to drive my car again, and see my wife and kids, not necessarily in that order! ;)
I can relate to that. I suspect it will be much like the Prius when I got it...such a new vehicle, each day there new little discoveries, Easter Eggs, tricks and techniques that someone discovered that I couldn't wait to try out. The Honeymoon period with my Prius lasted about 8 years...I hope my new 'love' lasts just as long.

That's funny, my hate for the Prius has lasted about 8 years and is still stronger than ever. :)

Hate to jump on the Prius-bashing bandwagon, but I rented one for a week a couple of years ago and in spite of much anticipation, came away deciding I would never buy one. By contrast, I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by my company's Volt when I drove it for a week last summer. I don't think either can hold a candle to the Model S, however!

I can relate to that. I suspect it will be much like the Prius when I got it...such a new vehicle, each day there new little discoveries, Easter Eggs, tricks and techniques that someone discovered that I couldn't wait to try out. The Honeymoon period with my Prius lasted about 8 years...I hope my new 'love' lasts just as long.

About a year and a half ago I transitioned from a Prius to a new Roadster Sport. I was shaking with excitement for more than a month! It still has not completely worn off.

I got the email overnight and have a two week window for delivery beginning Dec. 16th!
No VIN yet.
Standard Model S, White, 85 kWh, Grey leather, GlassPanRoof, StudioSound, 19"wheels, ActiveAir, MattObeche, TwinCharge, HPC
R#514

Received and signed my FINAL MVPA about 30 minutes ago (still amazed how this entire process has been electronic and sight unseen). Final cost was $2.50 more than my initial MVPA...didn't bother to wade through the numbers to figure out why.

Just waiting to hear when it gets loaded for shipment and a due date to arrive. Would make for one hell of a great weekend if it arrived in the next few days!

Received and signed my FINAL MVPA about 30 minutes ago (still amazed how this entire process has been electronic and sight unseen). Final cost was $2.50 more than my initial MVPA...didn't bother to wade through the numbers to figure out why.

Just waiting to hear when it gets loaded for shipment and a due date to arrive. Would make for one hell of a great weekend if it arrived in the next few days!

Good job Dr. Fusco! I'm not aware of a final MVPA. I faxed my regular MVPA into the cred union today for final loan approval. They will mail a check to me that I will turn into Tesla (along with my own $$), but will only send a physical check - no wiring allowed with them.

Good job Dr. Fusco! I'm not aware of a final MVPA. I faxed my regular MVPA into the cred union today for final loan approval. They will mail a check to me that I will turn into Tesla (along with my own $$), but will only send a physical check - no wiring allowed with them.

I did it a bit in reverse. Wired cash from my credit union to Tesla (via Wells Fargo), and got a loan preapproval from USAA for the balance and emailed the dealer form for that to Tesla to have 'the dealer' complete that paperwork.

Evan, Via Tapatalk