Thread: Slightly OT - looking for a corrugated metal supplier in DFW

Sponsor (& Model S Owner) pete8314's Avatar

Slightly OT - looking for a corrugated metal supplier in DFW

So, I'm renovating my garage to pass some time before my Model S arrives in the Spring. I'm going for a slightly industrial look, and am looking for some corrugated metal panels, but ideally not the standard stuff that HD & Lowes stock. I saw this at my local Chipotle Grill, it's 1-1/4 x 1/4 29 gauge galvanized steel, but I cannot find a supplier anywhere, except up in PA, which would mean a $250 shipping fee

Anybody have any suggestions? I've been to various roofing places, and farm supply, but no luck so far....

Name:  Chipotle metal.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  33.2 KBName:  Chipotle metal2.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  40.9 KB
    Delivered Feb 8 2013 - VIN 4287 - 85Kwh/Dolphin Grey/Pano/Tech/Sound/Air/shelf/HPWC/Passport 9500ci/19" TSportline wheels
    Accessorize your Model S with Abstract Ocean! | Silicone FobPockets | Leather FobPockets | Neoprene FobPockets | Screen Protectors | Other Cool Stuff |

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    It took a year for me to find the metal roof for my house. You just keep searching on the internet and eventually you'll find what you're looking for.

Try here
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    It took a year for me to find the metal roof for my house. You just keep searching on the internet and eventually you'll find what you're looking for.

Try here
    Thanks. I've been looking for a while now. The one place I've found on the web that stocks what I'm after and ships is the same place that supplies Chipotle, however, the cost is about 4x the cost of the normal stuff that HD sells, so I can't really justify it.
    Delivered Feb 8 2013 - VIN 4287 - 85Kwh/Dolphin Grey/Pano/Tech/Sound/Air/shelf/HPWC/Passport 9500ci/19" TSportline wheels
    Accessorize your Model S with Abstract Ocean! | Silicone FobPockets | Leather FobPockets | Neoprene FobPockets | Screen Protectors | Other Cool Stuff |

Be careful when handling that material. It WILL cut you if you are not careful.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth OVER doing. - Mythbusters

Debunking Pseudoscience is fun!

Arctic White Roadster 2.5 #1200, S Sig Performance Vin# 227, HAM: KF5WDB

I think that smaller sinewave material is also used in the local FatBurger chain here in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Petefish View Post
    Be careful when handling that material. It WILL cut you if you are not careful.
    Thanks, will do. Have given up trying to find the stuff, so will use the standard stuff from Home Depot, with some sturdy gloves. Will have a lot of straight cuts to do (will buy 12ft sheets, then cut them down to make multiple 36" panels, so need to find out the best way of doing that. Once that's done, I need to make a final decision on the floor...epoxy, tiles etc...it's never-ending!

Thread Information