Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profile contents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I figured it might be of interest.

DriverProfile.jpg

I would like to see the following added:
  • Audio
    • Radio presets
    • Volume, equalizer, fade and balance settings
    • Favorite internet radio stations
  • Browser
    • Favorite URLs
    • History
    • Default home page
  • HVAC
    • Left/right temperatures
    • Fan settings
    • Heated seat settings
  • Screen
    • Displayed applications and order
My wife and I will both drive the Model S, and we'd both like to have everything back to the way we left it when we last drove the car. Given that everything in the list above is just a software setting, it should be trivial to write all these settings into a small config file.

I would like to see the following added:
  • Audio
    • Radio presets
    • Volume, equalizer, fade and balance settings
    • Favorite internet radio stations
  • Browser
    • Favorite URLs
    • History
    • Default home page
  • HVAC
    • Left/right temperatures
    • Fan settings
    • Heated seat settings
  • Screen
    • Displayed applications and order
My wife and I will both drive the Model S, and we'd both like to have everything back to the way we left it when we last drove the car. Given that everything in the list above is just a software setting, it should be trivial to write all these settings into a small config file.
Some of these are not really small.

For flexibility, would be nice to have a driver profile settings page - that allowed customization of what would be included in the driver profile. While some people might want to have private radio presets, browser favorites, etc. - others may not. Should be pretty easy to make this user configurable.

If they have username/password caching for websites - that should be included in the profile (at least as an option) - especially to provide protection for any purchasing that could be done through the browser or apps...