Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Road Trip - Houston to Austin and back

Model X #1417
    It's my understanding that if the cars are close enough, even the lead car gets an advantage, just not as much.

Perhaps we need cooperative adaptive speed control with the cars all talking to each other to coordinate speed and lane changes.

Quote Originally Posted by RDoc View Post
    It's my understanding that if the cars are close enough, even the lead car gets an advantage, just not as much.
    Perhaps we need cooperative adaptive speed control with the cars all talking to each other to coordinate speed and lane changes.
    Officer: Do you realize how fast you were going?
    Front car: For the last mile, I was going 77.3 mph. The vehicle behind me was traveling between 77.0 and 77.6 mph.
    Front driver: Quiet, you.
    Rear car (after opening roof and raising speaker volume): My numbers agree within 0.1mph on all 3 metrics.
    Rear driver: You too!
    Front and rear car: Sorry, sir. Temporarily muting officer interaction module.
    Officer (raising voice so rear driver can hear): Gentlemen, drop it a few so you're within 5 of the limit please. Clearly your vehicles are well under control, so I'll let you off with a warning this time.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonfive View Post
    So, does that that mean you think multiple S's could draft each other and 'win' (meaning an aggregate lower overall Wh/mile for the group), Jerry?
    It works for bicycles, although the lead drops back every five minutes. It basically evens out the power usage for everyone.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    It works for bicycles, although the lead drops back every five minutes. It basically evens out the power usage for everyone.
    Yea, I mentioned 'trading-off' the lead earlier. That's great to hear, at least if a bunch of S's go to some event together.
    [/B][/URL] Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

Public Charging in Austin

For those of you who are planning to visit Austin, you may not be aware that the City of Austin owns the local Electric Utility (Austin Energy). As such they are the only ones who can legally charge for electricity within their jurisdiction. They do offer a discount card (Plug-In EVerywhere $25 for 6 months unlimited charging) which might save some money.

See Austin Energy Public Charging Stations for locations.
    Solar Powered, Black, 60kWh, Twin chargers, Superchargable, Tech Pkg,
    Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Tan leather & Lacewood interior, Xpel ppf.

(Home since 9am, 1/29/2013;
    28,780 miles as of 6/29/14.)

Thread Information