Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor Modification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrComputer

TeslaClubLA President
Jan 29, 2009
Sherman Oaks, CA
I did a minor modification today. Here are the before and after pics. Can you tell what I did? It's very subtle.

Attachments

• 2012-11-024.jpg
    2012-11-024.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 742
  • 2012-11-023.jpg
    2012-11-023.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 899
The T looks good! Would like to see the blacked out chrome stein to match now ;)

Nice idea, but I plan to take it one step further: Tape over the T, paint the whole cap in Tesla red, remove the tape, and end up with T logo in silver on a Tesla red background, just like on the Tesla Motors web site and this one. Would be even more striking and boost the brand even more.

You guys figured it out. It's actually not black but Signature Red to match the car. When I was at the LA service center yesterday getting my StarShield on my hood replaced I was talking to the guys over there to see if they had any touch up paint. They said that there happened to be a Signature Red car at the body shop down the street getting painted to do a minor accident. They called the shop for me and got a small bottle of paint for me to try coloring in the wheel caps. Here's a close up shot. Not perfect but it looks fine from a few feet away.
2012-11-22 07.54.32.jpg

Is it easy to remove the badge cap on the wheel? I don't know what the real name is for that part of the wheel you had to pop off with the Tesla emblem on it.

I had was thinking of doing it with black-out chrome spray to highlight the Tesla badge on the wheels in the same way--just the emblem, nothing else. I'd have to mask the rest of it with frisket or something to do that though.

Either way, nice job.

Cheers