Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toy Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayno

Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2011
Chesapeake City, MD
Does anyone know of any toy or small scale models available for a Model S at this point? If I can't get the real thing yet, I thought it would be a great idea for a Christmas present. Searching for a Model Model S though doesn't really work. :wink:

Thanks,
Wayne

I'm guessing this could change at any time, but I was told at one of the stores that the Model S has not yet been licensed for toys. Hot Wheels has the Tesla Roadster, but apparently passed on the Model S for now. I bet they could sell a ton of them at the stores if they had them, though. I know I would have bought a few. :)

Zextraterrestrial made his own RC Model S out of one of the molded plastic shells that we got at the October 2011 factory tour; maybe, you could make an offer to him?! :)

I still want to make some more but have been so busy working recently. I never managed to get a good polycarbonate shell to come out. they all had a crease somewhere where the vacuum pulled the plastic around the undercuts. I was going to make a 2 part mold and try something different. Laser welding aluminum seems a little tricky. stainless is muck easier so i will stick to that for the frame. I might have some time before my S comes if is isn't soon ;< - I was hoping to get it for X-mas - with GG
I still need to make a good video of the mini S at the local skatepark. It is wicked fast for its size with all 4 Li batteries. maybe tomorrow if it doesn't rain much