Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Upcoming Model S Price Increase & Timeline

CDN P285

Official: Upcoming Model S Price Increase & Timeline

... in the next two to three weeks.

Existing reservation holders will NOT be affected, as long as they finalize their order (when their turn comes) within an "fair, predetermined timeframe".

First I heard of this, but it was posted by Nick Kinkaid on the new Tesla bulletin board...

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_CA/for...se-near-future

I wonder what those new option packages will be...
    Last edited by Jeeps17; 2012-11-20 at 03:22 PM.

whoa glad I got my price locked
    P427 Performance White/Tan

And for those of us that have very high reservation numbers, who won't even be asked to "configure" until 1st or 2nd quarter of 2013, what does it mean? I'm not paying a penny over $92,000 for my Model S
    Model S Reservation: P10010 (July 2nd 2012), MVPA signed 12/4/2012, delivered 1/17/2013, VIN: 03245
    I support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

Quote Originally Posted by mitch672 View Post
    And for those of us that have very high reservation numbers, who won't even be asked to "configure" until 1st or 2nd quarter of 2013, what does it mean?
    Nothing, anyone with a current reservation or anyone that reserves before the new pricing is announced will not be affected. Unless of cource you decide you just have to have one of the new options

Given the current reservations count the price increase will most likely take place 3rd Qtr 2013. My guess is it's going to relate to Model S 1.5.

So the question is, is there going to be a big jump in reservations over the next couple of weeks as people lock in the price or is it going to maintain it's current daily rate with some people figuring they will add a month or two to their wait time and get Model S 1.5?

The only option that would interest me is all wheel drive, there's nothing else I would change, other than if that becomes a possible future option.. But of course it depends on the cost as well.
    Model S Reservation: P10010 (July 2nd 2012), MVPA signed 12/4/2012, delivered 1/17/2013, VIN: 03245
    I support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

Model X #1417
    Hmm ... for those of us with Model X reservations, this seems a bit ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by RDoc View Post
    Hmm ... for those of us with Model X reservations, this seems a bit ominous.
    Why? The X pricing has never even been released. How would you know if it goes up or not?

P85 #6649 "Magic Carpet"
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch672 View Post
    And for those of us that have very high reservation numbers, who won't even be asked to "configure" until 1st or 2nd quarter of 2013, what does it mean? I'm not paying a penny over $92,000 for my Model S

It means they will send you an email with the new pricing and choices, and they will ask you to configure and finalize "within a fair, predetermined timeframe". Meaning, they will tell you how long you have to make your choices. As long as you abide by the time frame they give you, you will not be subject to the price increase.

This makes perfect sense. Original pricing was based on the plans from over 2 years ago. Tesla has clearly said they want to have 25% margins. A lot of people on blogs and commenting on articles have said they didn't think that Tesla could keep those margins. The simple solution that every business makes is to raise prices until you are meeting your profit margins. Tesla has a good idea of costs now that they have hired people and bought equipment to make their cars. I don't expect the increase to be a significant one and the lower end will porbably be hit the hardest.

This might be a result of the aluminum price increase.

Remember that this happened with the Roadster too.

It will only effect those purchasing a car that they will receive nine months from now.

Items for Sale
    I wonder what these new options will be, hopefully they announce a center console instead of the empty space.

Thread Information