Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Weekend! Time to pick a roadster! Opinions welcomed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gonna make my decision tomorrow on a roadster. Behind door #1 there is a 1.5 with 1200 miles, pristine in every way, charges to 234 ideal miles in range mode. about a month left on the warranty. Has a same color hardtop and a wall charger. 65000 bucks.

behind door #2 is a 2.0 with adjustable suspension and forged wheels. No hardtop and comes with the 240v cord. Has about 3 months left on the warranty. Also some minor knicks and scrapes on the bumpers and wheels. Probably would cost 68000-70000. Regular charge is between 178-185...getting the range mode number tomorrow.

Do you think i should go with the 2.0 as i live in a hot summer climate and the 2.0 has better cooling of the pem? Also supposedly a bit roomier and quieter interior.

or go with the older but less used 1.5 that is in better shape for less money?

by the way any alums from stanford or baylor, i owe you big time for getting the crimson tide back in the championship hunt. Grazzia!!!
marc

Last edited:
Do you think i should go with the 2.0 as i live in a hot summer climate and the 2.0 has better cooling of the pem? Also supposedly a bit roomier and quieter interior.

marc
For what it is worth, my 1.5's AC was marginal in Houston for the 1st Summer, but has been quite acceptable now that Tesla has retrofitted fan surrounds.

If you have ever had a sports car before, you probably would not be disappointed with with the negatives of a 1.5 compared to a 2.0. If you have never had a sports car before, you might want to go for the 2.0.

Last edited:
Hi,

I would go for the 2.0 personally due to the suspension & PEM upgrades. Hardtop and wall charger could be added later.

Two things to think about - how old are the cars. The date they were "born" can be seen from the touchscreen display. Batteries decay with time as well as age so it is relevant. The other thing to think about is recharge time - each of the charging options will give a different number of miles per hour of charge. If the 240V lead is 30A then you will get about 25 miles per hour.