Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #389 - Twilight Blue - Florida? [ Caution - multiple listings ]

Has anyone verified that A & B Autos is real? I don't see it in Street View in Google Maps. I called the number on the website and explained that I lived in a different state and wanted to check that the dealer was real by asking what restaurants were nearby. The guy on the other end claimed that he knew every restaurant in town, but refused to answer and insisted that I either visit in person or hire a private investigator.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by congyiwu View Post
    Has anyone verified that A & B Autos is real? I don't see it in Street View in Google Maps. I called the number on the website and explained that I lived in a different state and wanted to check that the dealer was real by asking what restaurants were nearby. The guy on the other end claimed that he knew every restaurant in town, but refused to answer and insisted that I either visit in person or hire a private investigator.
    I haven't been able to verify with a 3rd party that I trust. Jesse pointed me to www.manta.com, but that's not an organization I'm familiar with, and the A & B Auto information there looks like it was auto-generated.

The closest thing I could find was a nice article in the local paper about a year ago with a picture of Jesse standing in front of 1 of the 6 last cars he had in inventory. At age 92, he was retiring after he was done selling the last cars out of inventory; the land had been sold for another business. Now here he is, sounding like a very healthy 94ish, and still in business with 60 cars in inventory (according to the A & B Auto Sales website), and at the same location. Things change, I realize. But it's another piece of the puzzle that doesn't quite add up for me.

Besides Google maps, I also tried Yahoo and Mapquest. Y and M found a different location that appears to more accurately reflect the actual street address, but they don't have the street view so it's hard to tell if what they're showing is a small auto dealer or a hair salon

Best idea I've had next is to call the Miami, OK chamber of commerce, and see what they have to say. I found their online list of businesses, and A & B Auto Sales isn't on the list of auto dealers (new & used).

You're welcome to use any of that you find helpful congyiwu - I've got enough other things going on right now, that I've decided as much as I want a Roadster in general, and this one in particular, I don't have the time or inclination to pursue this one. I'm walking away from this one, but will continue looking for a good deal that needs lower effort.

Asoka
    Roadster Sport #969 (Jet Black). "NV MYEV"
    Model X Sig # 184. "L0L MPG"
    Vertically integrated personal oil and gas industry online Feb 2013, upgraded March 2014 (10kW Solar Array)

Quote Originally Posted by pharma5 View Post
    That site looks extremely "fishy".
    The supposed picture of their showroom on the home page is actually a dealership in France...

http://www.a-bautos.com/images/stories/inside-view.jpg

Astron Caen France
    http://www.astron.biz/news/building-...-2003-01-2.jpg

I went to their so called testimonials page:
    a-bautos.com/index.php/testimonials ( A-Z Motors | Testimonials )
    And found that the text was duplicated elsewhere attributed to someone else.
    Buying a new car is scary! We have dreaded it for a while, but finally decided to just go for it. We started looking on the internet and discovered you. I sent an e-mail and was contacted almost instantly. All of my fears were put at ease with the first phone conversation with your salesperson. No matter how many times I call with ridiculous questions he is always there with the answer. I can’t thank you enough for the whole experience. We’ll definitely be back when we outgrow this vehicle!

-- G. O'Mallery
    Duplicate text here:
    Gregg Orr Auto Collection Dealerships Texarkana Texas Shreveport Louisiana Searcy Hot Springs Arkansas New PreOwned used Car Dealers Trucks SUVs
    Buying a new car is scary! We have dreaded it for a while, but finally decided to just go for it. We started looking on the internet and discovered you. I sent an e-mail and was contacted almost instantly. All of my fears were put at ease with the first phone conversation with your salesperson. No matter how many times I call with ridiculous questions he is always there with the answer. I can’t thank you enough for the whole experience. We’ll definitely be back when we outgrow this vehicle!
    J. O'Hara
    Notice above that their "testimonials page" ( a-bautos.com/index.php/testimonials ) has the title "A-Z motors" not "a-bautos", so I did a search on "a-z motors" and saw this:
    www.scamwarners.com View topic - A-Z Motors (Philadelphia, PA) Fake Dealer / Fraud / Scam

https://onlinecarscams.com/forums/vi...c.php?f=2&t=75

http://www.scam.com/printthread.php?...0&pp=40&page=2

---

Whois info:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/a-bautos.com
    Lorie Webb ()
    +1.2528834251
    Fax:
    P.O. Box 134
    Macclesfield, NC 27852
    US
    http://whois.domaintools.com/anbautos.com
    Ronald Ulary
    4028 Loring St
    Philadelphia, PA 19136
    US
    Phone: +1.2157796341
    Email:
    ---

Coincidentally, anbautos.com whois says they are on "Loring street", and whois on a-z motors showed registrant "Robert Loring"...

Name:  A-Z_Motors_Main.png
Views: 163
Size:  422.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TEG; 2012-11-26 at 12:44 PM.
    Moderator - Roadster, and Future Cars forums

Blog Entries
    Thanks for that additional info TEG. That helps simplify and remove lingering feelings of doubt and "missing out"
    Last edited by TEG; 2012-11-26 at 02:55 PM. Reason: fixed capitalization.
    Roadster Sport #969 (Jet Black). "NV MYEV"
    Model X Sig # 184. "L0L MPG"
    Vertically integrated personal oil and gas industry online Feb 2013, upgraded March 2014 (10kW Solar Array)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    Here's what my VDS looks like when I charge in standard mode (notice the battery icon is not completely full):

Attachment 11938
    It looks like that only 'cuz it doesn't quite get to 90% SOC during standard mode charge (especially on 240). You'll note that if you switch to range mode, the bar will shift to the left (showing you the hidden top 10%).
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    It looks like that only 'cuz it doesn't quite get to 90% SOC during standard mode charge (especially on 240). You'll note that if you switch to range mode, the bar will shift to the left (showing you the hidden top 10%).
    I do understand the difference between standard and range mode. The two pics are taken at different times. The first one was at the conclusion of a standard mode charge, showing the battery icon NOT completely full, even though the charge was done. The second one was at the conclusion of a range mode charge where I switched the icon back to standard.

The point of the two pics was to show how easily you can make a car look like it has greater range than it does - and the giveaway on the ebay set of pics is that they show a pic equivalent to what I show in the second picture.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries

*shrug* the ebay pic to me looks like a full standard-mode charge to me (the battery isn't 100% green and it says standard mode).
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

nice detective work, TEG! for that price it was hard not to be tempted.....good community going on here.

Apparently the a-z motors, a-b autos storefronts were requesting that people wire deposits to Czechoslovakia...
    Moderator - Roadster, and Future Cars forums

Thread Information