Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pairing bluetooth devices to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Discoducky

P100DL, 2021 M3, 4 CT reservations and counting
Supporting Member
Dec 25, 2011
My mountain
Anyone tried pairing different devices to Model S? What have you tried? I'm wondering if anyone has paired Andorid, Windows or other phones not starting in "i" :wink: Maybe a keyboard or mouse for backseat browsing?

As hinted in another thread, my (original) Samsung Focus (Windows Phone) pairs well. "Speak your test messages" and voice commands to interact with that UI works well (even in parallel with turn by turn from the car going at the same time).

My iPhone 4 pairs easily, phone works great, music over Bluetooth is another matter, it cuts out constantly.

I believe the problem is in the iPhone. If you turn off WiFi it will probably get better. It is spending too much CPU hunting down hotspots. You should also make sure that your body isn't between the phone and the center console (that seems to be where the bluetooth antenna is)... people are bags of water and tend to block bluetooth signals.

My iPhone 4 pairs easily, phone works great, music over Bluetooth is another matter, it cuts out constantly.
I believe the problem is in the iPhone. If you turn off WiFi it will probably get better. It is spending too much CPU hunting down hotspots. You should also make sure that your body isn't between the phone and the center console (that seems to be where the bluetooth antenna is)... people are bags of water and tend to block bluetooth signals.
I'll give that a try. I had the phone both on the floor and in the cuby under the display. Funny thing is today there were no problems at all.