Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Adopters - Let's Help Tesla and Each Other. Let's have group delivery parties!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I was reading the various threads about delivery and how it is possible that Tesla can produce the cars but cannot perform individual deliveries due to DS shortages. It dawned on me that I am open to meeting at the Tesla store or service center for a group delivery. It helps Tesla and I also think it will be fun to meet other owners and also hear their questions. That way, once several cars come into an area for delivery, we just meet up and grab our cars! Maybe Tesla can throw in light refreshments and we can make it a small party! Non-alcoholic of course!

Who's in?

I'd be happy to do that if it really does help Tesla out. In fact, if they want to put my car together real quick and send it to Dallas/Forth Worth with some of the final Sigs or the R's heading this way then I'd be happy to buy the refreshments. :smile:

If the DS is the limiting factor, this does sound like a really good idea.

Existing owners could drive new owners there, so they don't need to shuffle cars (though that's often not a problem if a significant other comes along too). And existing owners can help answer questions if the DS is overwhelmed. I'd be willing to do that in the Seattle/Bellevue area if this happens when I'm not otherwise occupied.

Existing owners volunteering to be quasi-DSs! Love that idea!

But for the fact that he lives on the opposite coast, I'll take Ben/cinergi as my quasi-DS any day! :biggrin:

I'm picking up at the factory anyway - as might most Bay Area folks - but am up for helping out at the local Tesla stores anytime!

Existing owners volunteering to be quasi-DSs! Love that idea!

But for the fact that he lives on the opposite coast, I'll take Ben/cinergi as my quasi-DS any day! :biggrin:

I'm picking up at the factory anyway - as might most Bay Area folks - but am up for helping out at the local Tesla stores anytime!

With a plethora of online virtual college degrees, we could opt for Cinergie's DS fast track cert program. ;)

Here is how I think this can be approached:
1. We start a sticky thread to identify all delivery hubs i.e. service or showrooms
2. All interested parties make a non-binding pledge to take delivery at a hub
3. When your DS calls you, pledgers say they want a group delivery at their hub
4. When a truck full of Model S comes in, the DS will contact the lucky owners to meet at the hub

What do you think?

But seriously Ben, your vids are awesome! Very well thought out and very helpful. TM should take a queue.
@Brian H... Love it

They are working on it as we speak; their production quality obviously has to be a bit higher and they also want it to be as accurate as possible which is difficult since there are still several relatively big updates coming.

This is a really cool idea but the closest store to me is in DC which means that I would have to pay DC taxes to get my car. There was some talk about opening a Tyson's Corner service center but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I could, potentially do this, but the inconvenience of a 3 hour drive to St.Louis or 2 1/2 to Tulsa which are my most likely central locations seems to make this pretty unlikely since it would require a lot of preplanning which it doesn't sound like will be an option. Also, there are so few deliveries even in the 3 hour radius I'm not sure how well this would work out in a practical sense.