Thread: Tesla Store on Lincoln Road (Miami Beach) finally open - Friday Nov 16

Tesla Store on Lincoln Road (Miami Beach) finally open - Friday Nov 16

Name:  532169_10151108714396898_1513209480_n.jpg
Views: 1944
Size:  41.9 KB
    Telsa Store on Lincoln Road (Miami Beach) finally opened today! They have a Model S and a Roadster on display.

This is the first Tesla Store in the South East. Anyone know the status of the Tampa Store?

Model S Perf Sig 1055 Larry Chanin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike09 View Post
    Telsa Store on Lincoln Road (Miami Beach) finally opened today! They have a Model S and a Roadster on display.

This is the first Tesla Store in the South East. Anyone know the status of the Tampa Store?
    There really isn't a Tampa store, there's a planned Tampa Service Center that might have limited sales functions. Tesla's official position is it shouldn't be opening later than March 2013. We think that it is possible that it could open this year. Of course prior to the Miami Beach store the Dania Beach facility served as the main store and it is in the South East. Now the Dania Beach facility is being converted to a Service Center with limited sales functions.

Larry
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Founder & President)

Cool! I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    Cool! I'm there.
    If you go this weekend the South Florida Auto Show is right down the street. They have free parking for EV's right outside the Convention Center and inside they are test driving the LEAF, iMEV, Volt and Karma.

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    If you go this weekend the South Florida Auto Show is right down the street. They have free parking for EV's right outside the Convention Center and inside they are test driving the LEAF, iMEV, Volt and Karma.
    For the first time in my life I have no desire to go to the auto show because any car I see is going to pale in comparison to mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    For the first time in my life I have no desire to go to the auto show because any car I see is going to pale in comparison to mine!
    Agreed. No one comes close to Tesla but I still try and go to the Auto Show every year. Unless you are actually in the market for a new car, the Auto Show is a just a "dog and pony" show for the traditional car biz.

This year was very much "more of the same". I noticed an increase in the number of hybrids which is surprising considering Miami is more of a luxury car market. Technology and fuel efficient were front and center (but not close to the level at the LA or Tokyo show). The South Florida Auto Show is all about style and less about substance. Lots of topical displays but not a single concept car (except the Lexus LFA?).

New this year were test drives for ICE's outside the show and an EV test track inside the show. An nice improvement since cars are meant to be driven. I thoroughly enjoy the Jeep "Rugged" Test Drive year after year! I remember the Jeep EV concept on display a few years back. What a shame they never put in production!

I will stopping by there today after going to the auto show. Big smile....

Thread Information