Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side mirror reverse tilt with textile interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kipernicus

Model S Res#P1440
Dec 2, 2009
Belmont, CA
I have read that to enable the auto-tilt reverse mirror you put the car into reverse and set the mirrors tilted down then "save" your profile.
But the textile interior doesn't come with seat memory, so does that mean that auto-tilt isn't available either?

No. I expect "seat memory" to be an optional part of "user profile", not the other way round. Consider that "user profile" includes settings for steering column, regen, power steering, walk-away auto-lock, and door handle behavior. I would be bewildered if that functionality is discarded when going from leather to textile seats.

I have read that to enable the auto-tilt reverse mirror you put the car into reverse and set the mirrors tilted down then "save" your profile.
But the textile interior doesn't come with seat memory, so does that mean that auto-tilt isn't available either?

I have the auto-tilt rear view mirrors. Don't know whether the fact that I have the Tech Package makes the difference or not. I have the textile interior and am very happy with it. There is no user profile memory--That goes with leather.

I have textile interior (and the Tech package) but the car remembers your reverse mirror settings. So yes they still 'auto-tilt'. But in reality it is a reverse mirror setting.

No. I expect "seat memory" to be an optional part of "user profile", not the other way round. Consider that "user profile" includes settings for steering column, regen, power steering, walk-away auto-lock, and door handle behavior. I would be bewildered if that functionality is discarded when going from leather to textile seats.

I was under this impression also. I thought the cloth seats didn't come with encoders to the car wouldn't know the seat position and so it couldn't be offered. But I fully expected driver profiles. But I did not get them. I am a bit miffed by the lack of driver profiles (mostly so I can put my name up on the top bar). But honestly I am going to be the only one driving the car.

I am bewildered why they don't have this with cloth seats.